Some times you just feel bloated, and you wish there was a way to slim down before your evening date. Well Harper’s Bazaar’s website has 10 ways to do just that!
1. Cut carbs and dairy: Complex carbohydrates make you retain water, and dairy products are hard to digest. Both carbs and dairy products cause you to bloat.
2. Eat strategically: Fruits and vegetables with a high water content fill you up and help flush the water out of your body, helping you look thinner.
3. Soak in Epsom salts: Put one cup in your bath water and soak for 15 minutes. The salt draws water out of your cells.
4. Don’t chew gum: Avoid sugar-free gum. When you chew gum, you breathe in a lot of air, which makes you bloat.
5. Consider a supplement: A blend of vitamin B6, taurine and a natural amino acid help you lose water weight without taking away the electrolytes you need.
6. Drink to debloat: Drink a lot of water and stay away from carbonated drinks, since the bubbles take up space in your stomach.
7. Caffeinate your body: A gel or spiked body serum will reduce puffiness. Caffeine is absorbed through the skin and shows results in hours.
8. Enhance your bone structure: Try blending a cream bronzer under your jaw-line and cheekbones to make your face more angular. To give your face a lift, try pulling your hair in a high ponytail.
9. Book an airbrush tan: A tan makes you look thinner, but shading can make you look so much better. A little extra mist on your triceps and inner and outer legs gives an added touch to make you look thinner.
10. Perfect your posture: Shift your weight to your heels and lift your butt while standing. Then, bring your shoulders back and open them so your rib cage comes up. Next, draw in the muscles from your bellybutton to your pubic bone and then bring them down.