2) Pick up every paper on your desk and any loose papers in your drawers and find a home for them.
3) Empty your trash can/ recycle bin
4) Get rid of any food that you may be hoarding in your drawers.
Sure you may eat that granola bar that has been in your drawer for 6 months, but then again you probably won’t. Throw it away or take it back home if you aren’t planning on eating it today. There are plenty of other things that you could be stuffing your drawers with.
5) Get objects and papers off your desk that you don’t use daily.
It feels nice to have a clutter-free desk. So make it easier by only putting the less important components of your desk free from site.
6) Throw away that pen that hasn’t worked for 2 months
7) Throw away those sticky notes that you have stuck to the wall and everywhere else
When you write a sticky note it’s helpful to write the date on it so that you know when you no longer need it. If it is too important to have an expiration date on, then it probably shouldn’t be on a sticky note.
Take a look into your notepad or notebook and see if there is anything that you can tear out and throw away in order to maintain a clean, sleek look. If there is anything that should be saved, I recommend typing it out on a word document instead and going from there.
10) Fill up your pens, business cards, and marketing before you leave the office on Friday.
Completing the entire list does not take up much time, so please allot an hour out of your week to do these things. By following these 10 guidelines weekly, you can be sure that your desk is always clean and tidy.
Check out how you can stay fit while working at your desk job here!