11 Ways Your Life is Better Than You Realize
There will always be moments in life when you find yourself at a crossroads. You may label it as a mid-life crisis but the truth of the matter is; it’s nowhere near a crisis. You’re in the midst of a difficult situation and labeling it as something beyond your control seems like the most ideal thing to do. Next time you find yourself feeling like your life is on a constant downward slope, I challenge you to find the good in little moments of your everyday life. Your life is so much better than you even realize;
- You live in the age of wireless Internet and smartphones. If a problem is troubling you, chances are you can find the answer in a matter of seconds thanks to your trusty and reliable friend, Google. You’re basically carrying a genius in your pocketbook. How awesome is that?
- You’re alive to see the day that women leave their prominent mark on the workforce. The playing field is finally leveling out and women are taking full advantage. The glass ceiling is breaking bit by bit. Today, you can find a woman working as a financial advisor on Wall Street, representing a major publication as editor-in-chief, or even getting down and dirty as a football coach. What a time to be alive!
- You can write a bucket-list and complete a bucket-list in the same lifetime. Sometimes it’s difficult to comprehend all of the resources at our fingertips. Say your bucket list starts off with a trip to Tahiti. Years ago, this wasn’t physically possible. Your bucket list would never be complete because air travel was only a figment of the imagination. Today, if you want it, you can do it. You just have to work harder for some things than others.
- You can call out sick from work and take a drive to the middle of nowhere. You can roll your windows down and feel the warm breeze brushing against your cheeks. You can sing along as loud as you want to whatever comes on the radio and no one can pass judgment. You can live in the moment and no one can take that from you. Life is composed of millions of you Enjoy them.
- Your wants are much greater than your needs. You may find yourself wishing for a new pair of shoes or a slimmer waist, but when you really look at it, do you NEED those things? Nope. You are capable of living a perfectly happy life with the things you are given. Try to remember that.
- You can take a year off between graduation and the dreaded real world and travel. Your funds may say otherwise but the beautiful thing is: you can. You can hop on a train and visit a nearby city for a day. You can road trip along route 66 and see where you end up. You can book a flight to a tropical island and sign out of reality for a bit or even visit a historical city in Europe. The amount of opportunities in this life is astounding and you have so much to look forward to.
- You could fall in love tomorrow. Isn’t that exciting? Let’s say you have a rough morning and you’re running late for work. You decide to head to a different coffee shop to save some time. You drop your keys as you’re walking through the door and to make things worse, it smacks you in the rear and you’re practically thrown into a complete stranger. That prompts a conversation with the stranger and before you know it, he’s asking for your number. Okay… I may be daydreaming a little bit but, remember to look for the light in a negative situation. You were put there for a reason.
- On the topic of love; it is 20-freaking-15 and you can fall in love with whomever you want; regardless of age, gender, race, or religion. If that’s not something to celebrate, I don’t know what is.
- Guilty pleasures are completely acceptable and you are allowed to divulge in them whenever you please. If you enjoy watching Keeping up with the Kardashians because their family makes yours seem quite normal, then I encourage you to binge watch as much as your heart desires. If drowning yourself in a box of wine or a pint of Ben & Jerry’s is the answers to your problem; I will not judge you. Enjoy every last bit!
- The sun always sets and the sun always rises. Regardless of what your day entails and whatever kind of mood it puts you in, it will always end. Both metaphorically and realistically, bad days can’t last forever and tomorrow will be a better day.
- You’re alive. You were brought into this world for a purpose and you have everyday to fulfill that purpose. Regardless of the curveballs it may throw at you, life is a beautiful thing and the good can always, always, always outweigh the bad.