20 Simple Ways To Cut Calories
Cutting calories can be a lot of work, especially if you’re making extreme changes in your diet. So instead of swearing off carbs for the rest of your life, try to make some small, incremental improvements that won’t leave you feeling miserable…. And hungry. Read on to learn some tips that will reduce you cut calories (in a healthful and realistic way):
- Swap soda for water or sparkling water
- When you’re craving ice cream, get a McDonald’s cone- it has less than 200 calories!
- Drink your coffee black- if you must have your usual latte or cappuccino though, order it with skim milk and no-sugar flavoring
- If you’re a cookie monster, eat Nabisco’s yummy 100 Calorie Snack Packs- they taste like actual Chips Ahoy cookies!
- Drink a full glass of water before each meal to fill your stomach
- Try to avoid drinking your calories. In other words, stick to water
- Always place your fork down after each bite, giving your stomach time to realize its full
- Never eat from a box or bag. Put your cereal in a bowl so you can visually keep track of how much you’re eating
- Eat bacon instead of sausage at breakfast
- When eating salad, dip your lettuce into the cup of dressing as opposed to pouring it on your salad- you’ll use less!
- Use half the butter called for in cake, muffin, and brownie recipes. Then replace the missing half of butter with applesauce
- Instead of cheese, put lettuce, tomato, onions, and pickles on your burger
- Skip the pepperoni on your pizza and put grilled chicken on it instead
- Choose only 100 percent fruit juices
- Ask for the croutons to be taken off your salad when dining out
- Choose broth-based soups over cream-based ones
- Take your own lowfat popcorn to the movies
- Eat fiber-rich cereals instead of ones packed with granola
- Eat low-fat yogurt every day to rev up your metabolism
- Be wary of white foods-bagels, potatoes, breads, rice- all are extremely high in carbs
We hope you enjoy these great ways to cut calories!
Don’t forget to check out all of these great fitness articles.