Ever have one of those days where nothing seems to go right? Same here but a bad day doesn’t have to stay a bad day. Don’t let traffic, that rude-check out lady at the grocery store, or those 77 unread emails ruin your day. Here are 25 ideas of ways to turn your day around!
1. Watch recipe videos. They are oddly soothing.
2. Take your dog on a walk. If you don’t have a dog, rent a dog. Or become a dog walker like me.
3. Skype your mom.
4. Watch The Ellen DeGeneres Show and then watch more Ellen clips on Facebook. Long live Ellen.
5. Eat some Nutella. According to many Nutella-ologists, Nutella is proven to boost mood, intelligence, and wealth.
6. Balance number 5 with a healthy meal because a healthy inside=a healthy and happy outside.
7. Listen to your old Hilary Duff CD or whoever you pretended to be when you were 10.
8. Read your diary from middle school. “Henry and I both wore blue today. We are meant to be. He loves me.”
9. Read a book outside. If the weather prevents this then draw a picture of a sunny day and read by that.
10. Go through old photos and share with friends to reminisce about the good ol’ days.
11. Watch your favorite childhood movie (Aquamarine for me). Warning: don’t watch it with adult eyes because you will question everything.
12. Vent your feelings to Siri.
13. Read Chrissy Teigen’s Twitter feed.
14. Play pterodactyl at your next meal. If you are eating solo, still play pterodactyl.
15. Watch season 1-5 of The Mindy Project, in one sitting.
16. Ignore all responsibilities in the bathtub with a glass of wine (or chocolate milk) and your favorite jams.
17. Stare at photos of Zayn Malik or whoever makes your heart flutter.
18. Go to Target. Find your bliss (aka objects you probably don’t need) down one of the many aisles.
19. Flip through a travel magazine and plan your dream vacation.
20. Buy a lottery ticket and win so number 19 can come true.
21. Do something you’ve been putting off. Like calling that friend who doesn’t like to text or doing laundry.
22. Tell everyone in your life how much they mean to you. Even the ones who are anti emotion/affection/hugs/babies/sunshine.
23. Look up girlwithnojob on Instagram. You’re welcome.
24. Ask your dad to send a selfie.
25. Hug yourself and tell yourself how awesome you are for brushing your teeth every.single.day. and doing responsible things, even when you don’t want to.
There are countless other ways to turn a bad day around. Remember, you run the day, don’t let the day run you!