I am an official ambassador for Dole Fresh. Dole provided me with compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine.
It’s springtime and I am always looking for ways to eat healthy for the upcoming warmer seasons.
Dole and Marvel have come together to help make healthy eating fun and easy. Inspired by Dole’s multi-year healthy-living initiative with Disney starting in 2016, this alliance allows people to share their healthy eating stories. From consumer promotions and in-store activities inspired by Marvel characters and films to character-themed recipes and specially branded DOLE fruits and vegetables, this offers a creative way to help me eat healthier every day.
Everyone knows I am a huge Marvel fan. Their movies are always full of excitement and don’t even get me started on the animations. Someone pinch me I’m still in shock about my Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Hollywood premiere experience.
My favorite part about Marvel movies is that there is always a take away, a lesson to be learned, something about the movie that just makes you think – wow, anything is possible. Maybe your destined to be a superhero…or maybe you’re just ready to cook like one. 🙂
With the new Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War coming out on April 27, Dole and Marvel are aligning with the Powering the Hero Within program, aimed to inspire people and families to create healthy Marvel Character-Inspired Dole Recipes.
Some of my favorite recipes include:
The Liberty Banana Sushi Inspired by Captain America
Prep: 10 minutes
Makes 8 servings
- 1 DOLE® Banana, peeled
- 1/4 cup cashew nut butter, almond butter, or nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons crispy rice cereal
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- UT banana into 8 equal pieces.
- SPREAD cut ends of banana with nut butter or yogurt.
- DIP banana pieces in cereal and chia seeds.
The Smash Smoothie Inspired by Hulk
Prep: 10 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup fresh DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze® Almond Milk
- 1 pkg. (5 oz.) DOLE® Organic Baby Spinach
- ½ cup chopped DOLE® Celery
- 1 cup DOLE® Green Grapes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 DOLE® Banana, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons milled chia seeds
- COMBINE fresh pineapple, almond milk and baby spinach in an emulsifier blender. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Add celery, grapes and ginger.
- Cover; blend until smooth. Add banana and chia seeds.
- Cover; blend until smooth.
Sunrise Shield Pizza Inspired by Captain America
Start your day off strong with this twist on a classic favorite.
Prep: 15 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 medium DOLE ̈ Bananas, peeled
- 4 frozen whole wheat waffles
- 1/4 cup honey-flavored nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 can (11 oz.) DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 2 teaspoons honey dash ground cinnamon
- DOLE Fresh Raspberries or Blueberries (optional)
- THINLY slice bananas on diagonal.
- PREPARE waffles according to package directions.
- SPREAD waffles with yogurt. Arrange banana slices on top, overlapping
- Arrange mandarin oranges in center of each pizza.
- Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with raspberries or blueberries, if desired.
Super Sandwiches Inspired by Captain America
These Super Sandwiches will defeat even the strongest pangs of hunger.
Prep: 20 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 5 ounces sliced smoked turkey
- 2 thin slices fresh DOLE® Tropical Gold® Pineapple
- 1/2 cup DOLE Butter Bliss
- 1/2 DOLE Banana, peeled
- 4 DOLE Blueberries
- 1 DOLE Strawberry, cut in half
- PRESS out hearts from bread slices, using a large heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Spread two hearts with honey mustard.
- Layer with smoked turkey, pineapple and salad blend. Top each sandwich with second heart.
- DECORATE each sandwich with two banana slices dotted with blueberries for eyes and one-half strawberry for nose. Arrange shard-like shaped bread from excess bread for wings and tufted ears.
Bold Banana Parfait Inspired by Black Widow
Looking for a bold breakfast flavor? Try this grilled parfait twist.
Prep: 23 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 DOLE® Bananas, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup quartered DOLE Strawberries
- 1 cup DOLE Blueberries
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 4 mint leaves
- HEAT grill to high heat.
- Slice bananas diagonally. Sprinkle with cinnamon and grill, for 3 minutes on each side.
- LAYER banana, yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, granola, honey, pomegranate seeds and mint leaves in parfait glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Enter below for the chance to win a set of eight MARVEL MIGHTY MUGGS Figures courtesy of Hasbro! These MARVEL MIGHTY MUGGS figures feature a push-and-turn mechanism that lets fans change the figure’s facial expression by pushing down on the head. Character assortments include Black Widow, Spider-Man, Groot, Hulk, Captain America, Dr. Strange, Rocket Raccoon, Thor, Thanos, Iron Man, Star-Lord and Black Panther.
Who else is excited for this Dole and Marvel partnership? In preparation for the new Avengers: Infinity War movie, get the scoop on 7 Things We Noticed in the Trailer.
**This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Marvel. Dole and Hasbro are the sole sponsors of these prizes, however the giveaway is solely owned, administered, solicited and operated by me.