When we women hear the name Chris Hemsworth, our knees might shake, a smile might appear, or we just picture him in his Thor armor. Alright, aside from his amazing body, gorgeous smile, and charming accent, Chris Hemsworth is a pretty interesting guy. With multiple movie leads, appearances, and a new daughter, Hemsworth has had an amazing year already. As we all begin to see more of him on the big and small screen, there are a few things to know:
1. He’s a native Aussie. Although, he sounded straight out of California in The Cabin in the Woods, Chris was born and raised in the land down under. He studied his American accent and acting at the Screenwise Film & TV School for Actors in Sydney. By working as a surf instructor and waiter during his time at school, he could fulfill his education, and prepare himself to make women faint everywhere.
2. His Family. His nearly look-alike brother Liam, has also been capturing girls, teens, and women everywhere, including Miley Cyrus. But there is also Luke, the oldest brother, a well known actor in their native land of Australia. However, their parents have been a big support for the three brothers. Chris got into acting because his parents and him both agreed it could be fun. How nice to not grow up with stage parents!
3. His Laid Back and Goofy Attitude. He happily accepts the nickname is Kip, due to how he pronounced his name when his was younger, “Kiptopher.” Also, Cosmopolitan named him one of 2011’s “Most Fun and Fearless Men,” for his role as Thor, his surfing talent, and adventurist mentality. He admitted to the magazine, taking a golf cart for a joy ride was his most fearless moment.
4. His Body. Alright, we couldn’t resist. His body is amazing. He gained nearly 20 pounds of muscle for his role as Thor, working out extensively. His training even created the new “Chris Hemsworth Workout” men are attempting daily! He actually gained too much muscle at first, barely squeezing into the superhero costume. Talk about devotion to the craft.
5. His Loyalty and Devotion. Staying out of the spotlight and avoiding embarrassing party photos are hard to do, especially with a actor of his age and looks. Chris is happily married to Spanish actress Elsay Pataky, and the two recently welcomed their first daughter, India Rose, born last May. Most pictures snapped of him, are of Chris holding his daughter, or relaxing on the beach. Yes we may be disappointed he is off the market, but what a good guy! Cheers to the happy couple.