In honor of Father’s Day we have made a list of 5 days you should tell your dad today.
1. Thank you for sitting through my soccer games, mediocre school plays, band concerts, and graduations. These were not fun events, and you gave up your free time to support me, and you did it with a smile.
2. I’m sorry for all the times I didn’t appreciate all you sacrificed to raise me. Too often we take our parents unconditional love for granted. Our relationship with our parents may not always be perfect, but appreciation can go a long way. It’s never too late to tell your dad how grateful we are for all that he’s done.
3. You have a very unique, uncanny ability: just when I think your jokes could not get ANY worse, they do. But that’s fine, it comes with the territory.
4. If I am picky about men, it is because I have had the unmeasurable privledge of growing up with a man who respects and understands me, and I will not settle for anything less.
5. Despite all of your weird obsessions with Pawn Stars, Bird-Watching, and the New York Giants, and all the times we haven’t seen eye to eye, know that your are loved unconditionally by your family.
We know there are many more great things you will want to make sure you’re dad knows. This list of 5 should get your started. Enjoy today with your dad!