6 Runway Looks to Try Now
1. The first look from Balmain (s/s 2012) emphasizes the metallic fabric that is the must-try of the season. Paired with a chambray/denim shirt this look gets a little toned down casual feel, pair with black booties or for warmer days pair with cut-out lace up sandals.
2. The high-low skirt from Jason Wu (s/s 2012) is gorgeous. Such an unexpected cut for a skirt or dress. The color adds pop to the already cool skirt. Pair this with a cute button up or even a crop top to show off a little midriff. Try mixing pastels for a more fashion forward look.
3. Layers, layers and more layers. The go-to ensemble for this indecisive weather. Use sheer sweaters over thin tanks or shirts to achieve this look. Also, the mix of different patterns is definitely something not everyone does, but dare to be different!
4. Yep, you guessed right.. Ombre is the way to go not only on your nails but on your wardrobe too. This sheer ombre print dress from Charlotte Ronson (s/s 2012) is to die for. Choose a dress similar to this and pair it with your fave shoes. Add some accessories like a chunky necklace and you’re good to go.
5. Alice + Olivia (s/s 2012) took this trend and made it WORK. For mixing colors, go with colors in the same family and to contrast, choose colors that blend in well. For example: pastels all work together, yellow and royal blue, orange and pink work too. Avoid looking like a crazy rainbow and stay within 2-3 colors at a time.
6. The bold printed pant. This one from Alice +Olivia (s/s 2012) pairs well with neutral tops. Keep all the focus on your eye-catching bottoms. When I saw similar ones like these at H&M I just knew I had to share with you ladies. Maintain the theme going by adding some round shades and voila! you are now standing out from the crowd while bringing a little bit of the 60’s back to 2012.
(Pictures c/o Style.com)