(Image from: AminaMichele.com)
A lot of us girls are very busy and might not get the amount of sleep we need. Some times we do things that interrupt our sleep habits. Other times we just don’t worry about getting appropriate sleep.
1. Going from Night Owl to Early Bird: You should try to have a set sleep schedule. It helps so that you won’t feel like falling asleep during the day.
2. Bringing Books to Bed: If you get in the habit of reading before bed, then your body won’t be able to fall asleep until you read. Try to read in different rooms, and keep your bed for sleeping only.
3. Facebooking into the Wee Hours: Staring at a computer screen is hard on your eyes, and it can make it harder for you to fall asleep. You’ll probably be thinking too much about your to-do list after Facebooking.
4. Skimping on a Good Bed: Make sure to get a good mattress. It will assure you a great night’s sleep.
5. Setting a Bright Alarm Clock: The bright light from your alarm clock can be distracting when you’re trying to fall asleep. You should keep your room as dark as possible to get the best sleep.
6. Counting Sheep: If you honestly can’t fall asleep, you shouldn’t just lay in bed. If you can’t fall asleep after a half hour of trying, you should get up and do something. You can read, watch TV or balance your checkbook. Just do something that demands brainpower so that you will eventually get tired.
7. Exercising Late at Night: Exercising makes you feel energized for hours, so you shouldn’t exercise within three hours of trying to fall asleep. Working out also causes your body temperature to rise, which can make it difficult to sleep.