The new teaser trailer for “Moana” has finally arrived and we are pumped! Here are the top 8 reasons why you should be excited for “Moana” and all the news about the film that has still yet to come.
1. Auli’i Cravalho: The native from Hawaii who voices the lead character of Moana has never done any voice over acting at all. In fact, she was just your normal (but, talented) teenager living the beach life. She didn’t even pursue the lead! The casting director had known about her through a video submission for a talent show and just knew that Cravalho would be perfect for the part! The raw talent and beautiful singing voice that she brings shows the trueness that anyone can be a Disney Princess.
2. Music by Lin-Manuel Miranda: The Hamilton creator and star is moving onto new things! One of those things is the music in “Moana”. Miranda is not the only one doing music, but if you haven’t heard the Hamilton soundtrack, you have no idea how awesome of a musician he really is. Look forward to the unique music unlike any other Disney movie, yet still similar enough to match the others.
3. The Directors: Ron Clements and John Musker are known for having directed “The Little Mermaid,” “Aladin,” and “Princess and the Frog”. Now, they are back again! Ready to work on their new project; expect absolute greatness from this directing duo! Clements has worked on other projects such as “Lady and the Tramp,” “Peter Pan,” and “The Aristocrats.” Musker has done work on “The Great Mouse Detective” and “Hercules”. Long time members of the Disney family, these two know how to create a great movie!
4. Hawaii: The film is about voyager who used to sail across the Pacific Ocean. Then suddenly, the voyages stopped for an entire millennium and no one knew as to why. The setting in Hawaii is the reason as to why. There is surfing and traditional Hawaiian culture. The animation is without a doubt going to be beautiful because of the real life inspiration and beauty of the islands!
5. The Pig: Okay, so this might be nothing. I just get excited about adorable things. When you watch the teaser trailer, there is the cutest pig sitting next to Moana. All I want in the world is for that pig to be her sidekick! I mean, think about it. It wouldn’t be the first time that there was an adorable animal sidekick! Each one seems to be getting more and more adorable as the movies get better and better. Can we all just imagine that pig playing a major role in the movie? It just makes me so happy to think about!
6. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson: It’s true. The wrestler turned actor has done well for himself. He’s had more success in acting it seems than he had in the wrestling world. That being said, this is his first leading voice over role. From the teaser trailer, it doesn’t seem like he holds anything back! It probably helps that the character he plays is big and buff just like him. Either way, his role is probably going to be memorable.
7. The Premiere Date: “Moana” premieres the day before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving time is actually a major weekend for films as going to movies is very much a family thing to do. Another thing about the Thanksgiving date is that it’s not that much time before it happens. Trailers have been coming out years before their films actually premiere. This isn’t the case here. This film gave us just enough time to anticipate it, but not too long where we forget about it.
Here’s the link to the teaser trailer:
I hope you are as ready as I am to meet the new Disney Princess and learn about a whole new story!