8 Ways To Make Sleep Part of Your Beauty Regimen #GetYourBeautyrest #ad
Disclosure: (I received the Beautyrest Recharge Hybrid mattress from Simmons for this post. No additional compensation was provided, nor did I promise a positive feedback) all opinions are my own.
Beauty sleep is not a myth, urban legend or old wives tale. In fact, your face can be a telltale sign that you are failing to fit in a good snooze.
Do you look in the mirror and see dark circles and skin that lacks luster? If so, you should probably evaluate your sleep schedule before you empty your wallet for a skin cream that may or may not work.
An article I read in the Daily Mail says that when we sleep, our skin and body go into repair, restore and rebalance mode. New skin cells grow and replace the old. Plus, as we get our beauty sleep we relieve ourselves of the stress and tension that make us look angry, tired and sad. (Failing to get enough sleep will also make you look older, too!)
If its not already, you should make sure that sleep is part of your daily beauty regimen. Are you curious to know how sleep fits into my beauty routine? Read on and check out these 8 ways to make sleep part of your beauty regimen.
1. I have a routine sleep schedule. I go to bed and wake up at the same time every day. My body has become used to this and has created an internal alarm clock so I get the same amount of sleep every single night – never less than seven hours.
2. I wash my face every night before bed. Sleeping with makeup on is an awful idea, especially if it’s caked on. Even when I’m super exhausted, I still make sure to cleanse, exfoliate and apply an anti-aging moisturizer before I crawl into my cozy bed.
3. Speaking of my cozy bed, I sleep on a Beautyrest Recharge Hybrid mattress. I wake up nearly every morning looking and feeling great! Before I got my new mattress, I would always be overheated during the night. Now that I have a mattress with temperature-management technology, I fall asleep faster, stay asleep through the night and wake up ready to take on the day. I’m no longer begging for a nap by lunchtime! If you are ready to Get Your Beautyrest, check out my specific mattress here or join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
4. Even though my bed is fabulously comfortable, I try not to do anything but sleep in it. By doing work or watching television in bed it may become harder to relax. Reserve your bed for sleep only; do your work on the sofa, at a desk or table instead.
5. I have trained myself to sleep on my back. By sleeping on your stomach, you press your face into the pillow. Believe it or not, pushing your face up against the pillow will cause it to crease: a sure way to get wrinkles.
6. I make sure to sleep with no less than two pillows. By elevating my head, fluid will drain from my face and I will be less likely to wake up with puffiness under my eyes.
7. I also make sure to change my pillowcases once a week. Even though I wash my face before bed, my pillow still is a gathering place for bacteria. I also think it’s a good idea to flip my pillow over every other day.
8. Listening to soft music is another way to make sure I’m getting a good night sleep. It helps me to relax and clear my mind, thus ensuring that I am getting the most quality sleep possible.
So, channel Princess Aurora and become a sleeping beauty… Your skin will thank you!