Disclosure: As member of a pretty cool team of influencers, (I received the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with line of service from Verizon. No additional compensation was provided, nor did I promise a positive feedback) all opinions are my own.
How many of you are so ready to be done by 4:00pm, but know that the end of everyone else’s work day doesn’t necessarily mean the end of your work day? I rely on so many apps to help me #GSD throughout the day. I can’t even imagine how I got things done before my smartphone. Can you remember the days of car phones and beepers?! What?!?!?!
Here are 5 apps that help me #GetShitDone throughout my crazy busy day:
1. ToDoist: I am the social media guru, event planner, website manager, community relations do-er at my job and I love it! I have a lot of tasks to do each day and this is how my boss and I make sure
we I am staying on task.
2. Pomodoro: Because I’m on social media for a part of the day, I have to manage my time effectively, otherwise I could get lost on the internet all day. This app gives me a five minute break every 25 minutes that I do work. Heck yes! How awesome is that?! I can power through and then reward myself with a break throughout the day.
3. Hootsuite: Because I manage the social media for the organization I work for it is imperative that I am able to schedule posts about all of the awesome stuff we’re doing around the office. I want to make sure we have a presence even though I’m not next to my desktop. When I’m away from the office, I know I can still keep an eye on everything that is going on on the inter webs. Who doesn’t love an app that can help you automate ev-ry-thing?
4. Spotify: If you are one of the lucky ones who can work in complete silence, more power to you. I totally could not. I love Spotify’s desktop program because I can play any kind of playlist I want. From playlists that keep me focused, to music that keeps me stress free. I also use it to make killer playlists to keep me in the groove for my workouts!
5. DropBox: I love this app! I am on a working board for a young professionals networking organization and we have a lot of documents to keep track of – from event forms to future meeting dates. It’s a great place to make sure we have everything we need at our fingertips!
Do you have other apps that keep you productive? Let me hear it! I love finding ways to improve my productivity and #GetThingsDone!