Best Fitness Apps #VZWBuzz
Disclosure: As member of a pretty cool team of influencers, (I received the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with line of service from Verizon. No additional compensation was provided, nor did I promise a positive feedback) all opinions are my own.
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for new ways to stay engaged at the gym. From tracking my miles to strength training, I look to none other than my favorite apps.
- Nike+ Running – I’m only mildly competitive in real life, but when it comes to logging miles, you had better believe none of my friends are going to run more miles then me. Kidding! Kind of. Other than keeping me on track, it was a great way to train for the half marathon I ran last spring. Set up a program with the Coach and it takes you through the perfect training schedule.
- Nike Training Club – I love this app! Choose your goal, choose your level, and then choose your workout. This app not only guides you through your workout, but if there is a move you are unfamiliar with, it has a video to show you how it’s done. That’s pretty awesome! It’s like having a trainer without having to shell out hundreds of dollars. BUT! Make sure you consult a trainer if a move doesn’t feel right. It’s important to make sure you are doing the move correctly to prevent injuries.
- Couch to 5K – Aka C25K. If you are just getting back into the swing of things, this app is great for taking you though a run/walk workout. These are my go-to if I’ve gotten a bit lazy or I’m just getting back into a routine. I’ve used this app on the treadmill and on outdoor runs. Best part is, I can keep my Nike+ Running app going in the background, so I can keep track of my mileage.
- Map My Run – My favorite way to get to know a city is to run through the neighborhoods. But, there’s nothing worse than not knowing where you’re going or how far your run/walk will end up being. That’s where Map My Run or Map My Walk comes in. Use this app to help you find popular routes around you.
- MyFitnessPal – This is a great tracking tool! Enter your workout, the amount of time you worked out, the food/beverages you consumed that day and it shows how many calories you took in and how many you burned off. It can also show you percentages of the foods you ate that contain carbs, fats, and protein! There are a ton of great features om this very inclusive app.
What are your favorite apps to keep you healthy and fit?