Disclosure: I am an official ambassador for Dole Fresh Fruit and Fresh Vegetables.
Dole and Disney are partnering up again for Captain Marvel inspired recipes (make sure to check out our 4 Disney Inspired Recipes). Plus, I’ve got a fun giveaway to celebrate Marvel’s first female superhero. This partnership is all about supporting everyday female heroes who improve our lives in so many ways. I know I have a lot of women in my life that I need to thank for their inspiration.
These everyday heroes often need a reminder to make their health a priority as they are always busy fighting battles. Dole and Disney are teaming up not only for a spectacular giveaway, but also to create healthy recipes, highlight influential woman and give women everywhere tips for a healthier life.
Special Dole Recipes
Just a few of the yummy recipes you can find below or on the Dole’s website include spicy sweet potato banana chili, vegetable lasagna and Cocoa Açaí bowl. These meals will provide fuel and nutrients while not stealing any flavor.
Along with the yummy recipes below, utilize these tips provide by Melanie Marcus, nutrition and healthy communication manager for Dole, to help you feel stronger, confident and healthier.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 DOLE® Red Onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, cored, seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz.) DOLE® Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 2 firm DOLE® Bananas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups DOLE® Baby Spinach, loosely packed
- Cilantro leaves, diced avocado, sliced DOLE® Green Onions, sliced DOLE® Radishes, low-fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt (optional garnishes)
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortilla
- In one skillet at olive oil over medium heat and cook onion until translucent, about 5 minute, poblano pepper, cook for another 3 minutes. Mix in chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 375
- In the same pan add tomatoes, broth, sweet potato, and banana. Let the mixture boil before lowering the heat to a simmer. Let the absorb, which usual take 30 minutes, before adding the spinach.
- Spray each tortilla with olive oil spray and place into muffin tins. When the oven is preheated bake until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Fill tortilla cups with chili. Garnish with cilantro, green onion, radishes, avocado and sour cream
Serving Size:261 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 250mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 10g Protein: 5g
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped DOLE® Onion
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced DOLE® Mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) soft silken tofu, drained
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups DOLE® Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (4 ounces)
- 1 box (9 ounces) no-boil lasagna noodles
- preheat oven 350
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the onion until translucent. Mix in the mushrooms, 1.4 tsp salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. After five minutes shake water from spinaches and add to the pan
- In a bowl crush the tofu with a fork. Or use a blender, just be sure not to over blend the tofu. Add 1 tsp of garlic and the remaining salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix tomatoes with garlic and oregano.
- Take a 9x13 baking pan and spread 1. cup of the tomato mixture into the bottom of the pan. Add one layer of noodles then 1/2 cup carrots, 1/3 mushroom mixture, and 1/4 tomato sauce. Repeat this step.
- The last layer of your lasagna should be noodle. On the noodles add leftover tomato sauce, and cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 550mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 6g Protein: 16g
- 4 DOLE® Bananas, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted almond butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) frozen unsweetened acai berry pulp
- 2 cups DOLE® Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- 2 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut, optional
- Peel and slice 2 bananas and set aside.
- In a blender add 2 remaining bananas, 1/4 cup almond butter, cocoa powder, acai pulp, 1 cup strawberries, and almond milk. Blend until smooth and then divide into separate bowls.
- Top your smoothie bowl with banana slices, remaining strawberries, granola, cocoa nibs, coconut, and remaining 1 tbp of almond butter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 3.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 75mg Carbohydrates: 53g Fiber: 12g Sugar: 23g Protein: 10g
Healthy Lifestyle Tips
- Eat a protein and a protein-strong breakfast to start your metabolism and your day on the right foot.
- Drink lots of water to help manage hunger, hydrate skin and fight fatigue.
- Stretch throughout the day to boost energy and relieve pain.
- Keep small healthy snacks on hand to help regulate your blood sugar.
- Exercise for 30 minutes a day to strengthen bones, boost your mood and energy.
- Remember to get your fiber from whole grains, veggies and fruits to get you regular fiber intake and help your heart.
- Minimize processed and package snacks and replace them with banana and fruit slices.
- Add more calcium to diet to improve bone density. Find it in tofu, almond and white beans.
- Use plant-based iron and vitamin C to absorbed and keep iron for longer periods.
- Remember to catch some z’s so your body can relax and restore.
Enter to win the Captain Marvel Prize Pack
The Disney giveaway include one Marvel Super Hero Doll, a Marvel Key Ring that you can show off to all your friends and family next time you are the driver, a Marvel Popsocket that will look good on any phone and a $50 Fandango gift card!
Enter below:a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Marvel. Dole and Hasbro are the sole sponsors of these prizes; however, the giveaway is solely owned, administered, solicited and operated by me. SarahScoop is not responsible for prize fulfillment. One winner will be randomly selected using the Rafflecopter random selector and will be notified via email. Once notified, the winner will have 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google. Void where prohibited. This disclosure is made in accordance with the FTC 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements.
***About Marvel Entertainment Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over eighty years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing, publishing, games, and digital media. For more information visit marvel.com. © 2019 MARVEL