Salads can be great, but let’s face it – sometimes they can get a little boring and bland. Being able to eat tasty food while remaining healthy can be tricky at times. That’s what I’m here for; to enlighten you with a little recipe that can trigger your taste buds but will keep the calories to a minimum at the same time. With three simple key ingredients -chicken, pasta, and vegetables, you will be able to make this on your own in a little amount of time without denting your wallet too much.
Chicken Pasta Veggie Salad Recipe
The ingredients you will need are:
- 4 chicken fillets, skinless and cut into chunks
- 1 pepper (any color you prefer)
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1tbsp oil
- 175g (6oz) dry pasta
The procedure is almost as simple as the ingredients.
- Cut up the veggies and put them into a pan, pouring a majority over top. Add salt and pepper and grill for about 8 minutes or until ready.
- Cut the chicken, put the remaining oil in a frying pan, and add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the pasta, drain it, and put it back into the pot.
- Add the vegetables and chicken into the pasta and toss it.
And there you have it – a delicious, easy, and healthy meal!