Cloud egg is delicious and easy to make at home, perfect with a toast for breakfast, for a healthy brunch, or a last – minute dinner.
If you see a cloud egg for the first time, you can imagine it is difficult to make.
False. It’s very simple and fast.
Currently, cloud egg is one of the most popular dishes, but its origin dates back to the past. Certainly, cloud egg got their start in 17th-century France.
The article references the recipe Oeufs à la Neige (eggs in snow), which appeared in Le Cuisinier François, 1651.
It’s present in many menus, in facts a lot of chefs, for generations, decided to introduce it in the menus of their restaurants. This is not a surprise because cloud egg looks very sophisticated and elegant, but it’s easy to cook. For this reason, the fashion of the day seems to be a reincarnation of an old classic.
- 1 egg
- lemon juice
- Crack your egg and separate the yolk from the white
- Put the yolk in a small bowl
- 2. Add a pinch of salt and lemon to the white.
- 3. Whip the white until stiff peaks.
- 4. Coat a pan that can withstand high non-stick temperatures with parchment paper.
- 5. Spoon the mixture of egg whites on the pan, forming a pile: they look like nests right?
- 6. Cook until slightly golden.
- 7. Form a furrow in the center of the heap and place a yolk gently over the center of the cloud, cook again.
- 8. Add pepper and cook the egg clouds in a preheated oven at 356°F for 4-5 minutes
- 9. Garnish with parsley before serving.
- Sprinkle the pan with water before coating with the cast oven: so the baking paper adheres.
- Perfectly to the pan and does not have to use oil or extra fat.
- Do you know how I separate the eggs? With an empty bottle of water. It's an incredible technique and works well.
- For whites, the egg white uses an electric mixer or a manual too. Start at low speed and then slowly increasing at high speed.
- To assemble the white, add the lemon: it will prevent the fluffy from deflating.
- You can customize the recipe by adding other ingredients such as tomatoes, bacon, mushrooms, avocado, a slice of toasted bread, chives.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 4.4gSaturated Fat: 1,4gCholesterol: 164mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 0,7gFiber: 0,2gSugar: 0,5gProtein: 5,7g