Celebrities often give their children unorthodox names that people either love or hate. This polarization is a popular discussion topic, so let’s take a look at some of the craziest celebrity baby names.
1. Apple and Moses- Children of actress Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay lead singer, Chris Martin
They named their daughter Apple after Gwyneth’s dad suggested the name while she was pregnant. The choice for naming their son Moses came from a song Chris wrote for Gwyneth before they got married.
2. North, Saint, Chicago, and Psalm-Children of reality star Kim Kardashian and singer Kanye West
The couple shy’s away from typical names as they believe there is a lot of significance in a name because it is a person’s first sense of identity. They named their first born North because it means highest power and she was their highest point together.
Their second child, Saint, was given the name because he was a blessing as Kim had a rather difficult pregnancy. They gave their third child the name Chicago because it is important to Kanye as it is the city where he grew up. Their youngest child, Psalm, after the Book of Psalms in the Bible, was given the name due to Kanye’s renewed dedication to his Christian faith.
3. Dream- Child of reality star Rob Kardashian and model Blac Chyna
Although there is not too much of a backstory behind the name, there is a sweet reason why it was chosen. The parents named her Dream because they believe she is a dream come true.
4. Stormi- Child of reality star and owner of Kylie Cosmetics, Kylie Jenner and rapper Travis Scott
The couple is yet to reveal the meaning behind the name but it is believed to have been inspired by Dr. Who.
5. Reign- Child of reality stars Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick
This was among the names of potential baby names in Kourtney’s list when she became pregnant with her first child. It was originally spelled Rain but when the couple learned they were having a boy, they changed it to Reign.
6. True- Child of reality star Khloé Kardashian and basketball player Tristan Thompson
True was the name of Khloé ‘s great-grandfather on her mother’s side and is believed to mean ‘loyal’.
7. Blanket, Paris, and Prince-Children of late singer, Michael Jackson
Each of the children, except for the family friend wearing the hat, are actually named Michael. He wanted each of them to have his name so he included it in all of their first names. The children are named Michael Joseph Jackson Jr. (also known as Prince Michael), Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson, and Prince Michael Jackson II.
8. Moroccan and Monroe-Children of singer Mariah Carrey and television host, Nick Cannon
Monroe is named after one of Mariah Carrey’s biggest inspirations, Marilyn Monroe. Moroccan’s name comes from Mariah’s New York City apartment with Moroccan-inspired decor. This was also the location of Nick’s marriage proposal.
9. Blue Ivy, Rumi, and Sir – Children of singer Beyoncé and rapper Jay-Z
It is believed that the couple went with the name Blue because they find the color blue to be very important and significant in the world and in life. Ivy is speculated to represent the Roman numeral for the number 4 as both of the parents were born on the fourth day of their birth month, their anniversary is April 4th, one of Jay-Z’s albums is titled 4:44 and Beyoncé ‘s fourth album is titled 4.
Rumi is named after her parents favorite poet and her twin brother, Sir, “was like, man, come out the gate. He carries himself like that. He just came out, like, Sir.“, said Jay-Z during a Rap Radar interview.
10. Cricket Pearl and Birdie Leigh- Children of actress Busy Philipps and producer Marc Silverstein
Growing up with a nickname herself (her real name is Elizabeth), the couple decided that instead of giving their children nicknames, they would just give them the names they planned on calling them.
11. Kulture Kiari Cephus- Child of rappers Cardi B and Offset
This name is derived from Offset’s real name of Kiari Kendrell Cephus and his music group Migos’ last two albums of “Culture” and “Culture II” about the culture of hip hop music.
12. Dusty Rose- Daughter of Maroon 5 lead singer, Adam Levine and supermodel Behati Prinsloo
Ellen Degeneres suggested the name to the couple and while Adam liked it, Behati was not a fan of the name until Adam convinced her and the name grew on her.
13. Egypt and Genesis- Children of singer Alicia Keys and music producer Swizz Beatz
The name Egypt was inspired by a life changing trip to Egypt that Alicia took by herself to find herself and learn what she needed to change before she had a mental breakdown. Although the couple hasn’t released details on why they chose the name Genesis, it is a Biblical term that means “beginning”.
14. Huckleberry and Marmaduke- Children of survival instructor Bear Grylls
Little is known about his children as he mainly keeps them out of the public eye, and goes as far as covering up their faces in pictures on his social media accounts. However, it is known that his real name is Edward Michael Grylls and Bear is just a nickname given to him when he was only a week old by his older sister, Lara.
15. Indiana and Atticus- Children of actors Casey Affleck and Summer Phoenix
Little is known about where Indiana and his little brother Atticus got their names. Even with famous relatives such as Ben Affleck and his former wife, Jennifer Garner, the family is somewhat private.
16. Memphis Eve (goes by Eve Hewson)- Daughter of U2 frontman Bono, legally known as Paul David Hewson
The Irish actress was born in 1991 with the full name of Memphis Eve Sunny Day Hewson. Little is known about where the inspiration for this name came from.
17. Maple- Child of actors Jason Bateman and Amanda Anka
Little is known about why the parents chose the name Maple. Combined with her middle name of Sylvie, which means “woods” or “forest”, the child has somewhat of a nature-esque tone for a name.
18. Harlow and Sparrow- Children of Good Charlotte lead singer, Joel Madden and television personality, Nicole Richie
Harlow’s name was inspired by Jean Harlow, an actress whom they admire and model Shalom Harlow. They felt this was a cool name because it seems like a classic they explained. For their second child, Sparrow, they chose the name because they liked how it sounded with Harlow and they are fans of Captain Jack Sparrow. They also wanted to give their children names that they have to stand up for, especially in Hollywood they explained.
19. Luca and Banks- Children of actress Hilary Duff
There was no sentimental meaning to Hilary’s first child’s name, Luca Cruz. She simply liked the way it sounded and after naming her son, she learned his name means “bringer of light” which only added to her liking of the name.
Her second child, a baby girl named Banks was named well into the beginning stages of Hilary’s pregnancy. She calls her “Baby B” and wanted to give her daughter a name that was unique but not too weird. Originally Banks was going to be her middle name but she decided against it and went with Violet instead.
20. India- Child of actors Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky
There is no sentimental meaning behind the name of their first born although it was a name they always liked. While Elsa was pregnant, the couple decided that the gender would determine if their child would receive the name Indie, Indiana, or India.
Those are some of the craziest baby names. Within the next few years as celebrities continue to have children and give them unusual names. What is your favorite name in this list?