This detox smoothie (or green smoothie, as some may call it) is easy to make and will give you that refreshed feeling! Why not drink something to flush all those toxins away?
Since being in quarantine, I’ve tried implementing healthier options into my day to day life. I’ve been on the hunt for a smoothie that would hydrate my body and give me plenty of vitamins. This detox smoothie is packed with not just vitamins, but also fiber and antioxidants! It will help to detoxify your body and boost your metabolism. Detox smoothies are known to combat feeling bloated and sluggish. Plus, they’re the key to clear, glowing skin!
If you love veggies, fruit, and nuts like me, this recipe is perfect for you! Even if you’re wary about drinking anything “green”, that’s okay! This recipe requires baby spinach, so you won’t taste the flavor. Instead, you will taste the banana and almond butter! You can even top this smoothie off with chia seeds, which is known as a source of omega-3 fatty acids. Enough about all the great benefits, let’s get to it and make this easy and beneficial detox smoothie!
DETOX SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS:
This recipe makes one serving, but you can drink half and put the other half in the fridge!
- Blender– to blend all the ingredients into a thick, smoothie.
- Almond Milk– 1/2 cup of almond milk.
- Banana– 1 banana.
- Almond Butter– 1 tablespoon of almond butter.
- Baby Spinach– 2 cups of baby spinach.
- Ice – 5 ice cubes to make smoothie cool and refreshing!
HOW TO MAKE THE DETOX SMOOTHIE:
- Wash all ingredients with warm water.
- Grab 5 ice cubes and throw them into the blender.
- Add measured ingredients into the blender, making sure to start with the spinach and finish with the banana!
- Blend all ingredients for about 30 seconds, (give or take depending on how thick you want your smoothie).
- Pour half the mixture into a to go cup, and save the rest for the next day! Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this easy detox smoothie recipe. It has saved my skin and made me feel much better about myself. This drink is not just good for your health, but for your bank account as well! If you’re looking for an easy, healthy drink that is affordable and beneficial for your wellbeing, try this recipe out!
For the scoop on more recipes, click here!