DIY Lip Balm
I love beauty products. But I love natural beauty products even more! This all-natural lip balm recipe is so easy, and worth the minimal effort. The great thing about this lip balm is that you can add other things to it to make a variety of flavors and colors. Healthier and more effective than many commercial brands, this basic recipe is where to start. The best part, you’ll know exactly what ingredients you’re putting on your lips.
- 1 Tablespoon of ordinary beeswax. You can pick this up in the candle-making isle at any craft store.
- 3-4 drops of vitamin E oil. You can find an oil at a health food store.
- 1 Tablespoon of Grape seed, Almond or other natural oil.
1. In a sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt the beeswax. Make sure you do this slowly. You want to prevent scorching.
2. Stirring constantly, add in your vitamin E oil and Grape seed, almond or whichever oil you prefer. If you want to add flavoring or other ingredients, this is the point that you would want to do it.
3. Continue stirring until it’s been melted all together.
4. Pour the mixture into lip balm jars, sticks or even metal mint tins. You can even find tins with designs that are relatively inexpensive.
5. Let the mixture cool, and then add the lid.
***One tip: If you want chocolate flavored, find some chocolate oils. Do not use chocolate chips because it doesn’t blend well with the wax.
Now go enjoy your lip balm!