These mini bundt cakes are rich in chocolate flavor and an adorably elegant dessert. This recipe requires just five simple ingredients and is a little healthier than your average cake!
Bundt cakes are such a wonderful dessert– they have a unique shape and usually taste amazing! Mini bundt cakes have all these same distinctive qualities, just in a smaller quality. If given the choice, I would pick a mini cake over a regular-sized one any day, simply because they’re just so adorably miniature and the perfect serving size!
I love these mini chocolate bundt cakes because they have a great chocolate taste and are super easy to make. This recipe requires just five ingredients that can easily be found at any store and doesn’t need any special steps to make. These small cakes aren’t too full of sugar, making them just a little bit healthier than your average cake!
Mini bundt cakes are a great dessert to serve at parties or dinners; they’re single-serve desserts, so there’s no need to worry about whether a cake or pie will yield enough servings. Simply set out a mini bundt cake or two for every guest and that’s it!
MINI BUNDT CAKE INGREDIENTS
As I mentioned earlier, these miniature desserts require only five ingredients. Most of these ingredients are household staples and the great news is that this recipe doesn’t require too much of each!
- Semi-sweet baking chocolate– 4 ounces, chopped.
- Butter– 8 ounces, or one stick.
- Flour– 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Granulated sugar– 1/2 cup of sugar (More sugar can be added for a sweeter tase).
- Eggs– 2 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks.
HOW TO MAKE MINI BUNDT CAKES
To make these cakes, I have a great mini bundt cake pan that I absolutely love. If you don’t have a bundt cake on hand, use a regular cupcake pan! The size is relatively similar and cupcake pans will still yield a great dessert.
- First, chop the semi-sweet baking chocolate.
- Next, place the chopped chocolate and the stick of butter into a small saucepan. Melt the chocolate and butter together on low, stirring frequently. Let cool.
- Whisk the eggs and egg yolks together in a medium bowl.
- Add the sugar into the bowl and whisk well.
- Take the cooled chocolate/butter mixture and mix it into the batter.
- Add the flour into the batter and combine well.
- Pour the batter into the bundt cake pan or cupcake pan.
- Finally, Cook at 450 degrees F for about 9 minutes.
One of the many things I love about mini bundt cakes is that there’s no expectation of frosting as with traditional cakes. Instead, these bundt cakes can be served by themselves, or you can get creative with the decorating!
I really like experimenting with different potential toppings and add-ons that go well with these chocolate bundt cakes. Usually, I dust each bundt cake with some powdered sugar and occasionally cocoa powder. Some toppings I also enjoy adding are whipped cream, chocolate chips (especially mini ones!), chocolate syrup, and some raspberries for a tarty, fruity flavor! Of course, you can never go wrong with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as well!
Get the Scoop on more recipes:
- Healthy Three-Ingredient Pancakes
- Healthy and Delicious Homemade Granola
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
- The Best No-Bake Banana Pudding Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 4 ounces of semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 8 ounces of unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a mini bundt cake pan (or cupcake pan) with non-stick cooking spray. If desired, dust the pans with cocoa powder.
- Chop the baking chocolate and place it in a small saucepan. Add in the butter and melt the chocolate and butter on low heat, stirring frequently. When it has melted, let it cool.
- Beat the two eggs and two egg yolks in a medium bowl with a whisk until they are well mixed.
- Add in the 1/2 cup of sugar into the eggs and mix well.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the medium bowl and mix together.
- Finally, add in the 1/3 cup of flour and mix the batter well.
- Pour the batter evenly into each of the 12 bundt cake pans.
- Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes, or until the tops of the cakes are slightly set. Take it out and let the cakes cool.
- If desired, dust the cooled bundt cakes with powdered sugar and cocoa powder, and serve with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate chips, or other toppings.