These Greek Yogurt Drop Biscuits are a super easy and delicious appetizer to any family gathering!
I make these all the time with my family as they are easy and simple, and don’t require a lot of ingredients. You can make these biscuits as a crust for a chicken pot pie recipe or you can use them to make strawberry shortcake. Some Biscuit recipes require that you let the dough sit for several hours or overnight. Luckily this recipe is quick, easy, and super delicious. If you prefer, I love that these biscuits can go with any occasion, whether it’s Christmas, Thanksgiving, Summer Cookouts, or Picnics.
Luckily if you want something quick and straightforward, this recipe is the way to go. These go well with any 3-course meal that you decide. Allowing yourself time to roll out your dough and cut them individually can give your biscuits the shape you want. The smell of these biscuits coming out of the oven will surely make your mouth water. Consider serving your biscuits with some Fat-Free butter. The Fat-Free Greek yogurt is supposed to replace the butter and the milk.
FAT-FREE GREEK YOGURT BISCUIT INGREDIENTS:
- Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt: Measure 1 1/4 Cup. If you don’t like Greek Yogurt you can always substitute for nonfat plain Yogurt.
- Baking Soda: You’ll want to measure out 1/2 teaspoon.
- Baking Powder: 1 Tablespoon of baking powder.
- All-Purpose Flour: 2 Cups of Flour.
- Salt: Adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt gives the biscuits a little more flavor.
HOW TO MAKE NON FAT GREEK YOGURT BISCUITS:
Preheat the Oven: Preheat Oven to 425 F.
Add Greek Yogurt: Measure 1 1/4 Cup of the Greek Yogurt in with your dry ingredients. Fold in ingredients until all the dry are incorporated.
Make Drop Biscuits: Now, you’ll want to cover your hands in flour and take pieces of dough and roll them into medium-sized balls. Finish by placing them on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. You should have eight drop biscuits, or if you wanted to cut biscuits spread the dough onto a floured surface and with a biscuit cutter, cut out six biscuits. Place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
Place Biscuits in Oven: Finally, place your biscuits in the Oven and bake for 12 minutes or until Golden Brown.
Get Ready to Eat: Take them out of the Oven, and you’re ready to eat!
If you like your biscuits flakier, you can add in some butter. This will give your biscuits more flavor.
Get the Scoop on more delicious recipes:
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potato Chips Recipe
- Air Fried Sweet Potato Cubes
- Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- Easy and Creamy Homemade Hummus Recipe
- 4 Easy-To-Cook Meals With Foods You Have At Home
- 1 1/4 Cups Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 convention or 425 regular.
- Combine Flour, Salt, Baking soda, Baking powder. Mix well
- Add in Plain Fat Free Greek yogurt.
- Fold in until all dry is incorporated.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Take your dough and make 8 medium sized drop biscuit balls.
- Place each biscuit ball onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown,
This recipe also works well as cut biscuits. You will need to roll our dough on a floured surface and then cut out six biscuits with a biscuit cutter.