Chocolate chip cookies are a dessert item that are simply delicious but are sometimes not so simply executed. Finding the perfect recipe can be rather difficult. I am here to tell you that I have discovered a flawless cookie recipe. Continue scrolling and I’ll share the scoop on how to make delicious chocolate chip cookies every single time.
Delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2/3 Cup Shortening
- 2/3 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1-2 Bags Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
Mix together shortening, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
Add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix thoroughly.
Mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Take dough and make into balls. Place on cookie sheet 1.5 inches apart. Put cookie sheet into pre-heated oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes or untill cookies are golden brown.
Here are a few tips from the baker:
1. Make sure your butter is not melted into a liquid when you add it into your mixture. If it is, your cookies will bake into flat frisbees… Yes, I would know by experience. Leave your butter out so it can soften. It needs to be soft but not liquid soft!
2. Using a mixer on the first half of the recipe is much easier on yourself than using a spoon, trust me.
3. Add a smidge of flour to result in fluffier cookies.
5. Also, to make your baking day a bit more fun grab your phone, radio, television or whatever you play tunes on and turn on your favorite jams.
A day in the kitchen isn’t a day in the kitchen unless you have your favorite tunes on. Baking is fun, but it is more fun with Queen or a little Justin Timberlake on in the background. Then grab your fave, fab apron and get to baking!
These cookies are delicious and your whole neighborhood will be stopping by to snag some. They will be a hit at every holiday, party, special occasion or just every snack break!