Do you dread looking in the mirror in the morning only to find a pimple? Have you been wondering what types of food to eat for clear skin? If so, the secret to clear skin might be in what you’re eating. An important part of controlling your breakouts is by choosing the right food. Skin is the largest organ of the human body and if you burden it with toxins and over processed foods it will show in its appearance.
Remember Scoopers, what we put on the inside is just as important for our skin as what we put on the outside. Here are some of the best foods that may help you achieve a smoother, brighter complexion:
1. Salmon and other foods high in essential fatty acids in like tuna, nuts, and seeds. The essential fatty acids are Omega 3, 6 and 9. They are called essential because the body can’t produce them naturally and it needs them to maintain good health. They are great for luminous skin and can even reduce cellulite.
2. Oranges and foods rich in vitamin C like mangoes and tomatoes, give you a smooth bright complexion. They also protect collagen and elastin in the skin.
3. Foods like spinach, carrots, mangoes and leafy green vegetables are high in Beta-carotene that is converted into Vitamin A when consumed. Vitamin A helps prevent acne, reduces oil production, and helps the body produce new skin cells.
4. Blueberries, strawberries, and spinach are packed with antioxidants that help protect against damage and premature aging. A diet full of antioxidants is very important for clear skin.
5. Vitamin E is an ingredient found in many beauty products because of its many skin health benefits. It is especially
beneficial for moisturizing the skin and improving skin tone. Foods high in this vitamin are almonds, avocado, spinach and tomatoes. It is even beneficial for preventing skin cancer and protecting against sun damage.
6. Eat more foods rich in zinc. Zinc is a natural anti-inflammatory and has been shown to fight acne-causing bacteria. It can be found in lean red meat like beef and lamb as well as lentils and kidney beans. It is best to get your zinc by eating it and avoid supplements because too much zinc can be toxic.