This strawberry pie is sure to be refreshing and will melt in your mouth! Top it off with a dollop of whipped cream!
If you love anything strawberry you are sure to love this pie! This pie is one of the easiest things to make. It’s filled with fresh, sweet strawberries coated with a strawberry glaze. A glaze that is just thick enough to hold the strawberries together, but loose enough that a couple stray strawberries fall onto the plate.
My family loves pies and when it comes to strawberry pie they gobble it right up. Now the secret to this recipe being so amazing is that it uses Strawberry Jell-O and fresh Strawberries. I find Jell-O to be so fascinating with the taste and texture of it. I’m sure we have all had our moments where we liked to play with the Jell-O we ate and now you can still have the same fun with this pie! This pie is a refreshing and delicious dessert that everyone will love. My family makes it for about every occasion and sometimes we will make it just for fun. This would be a beautiful dessert on any table – especially at family gatherings such as reunions, Mother’s Day, or cook outs! For instance, the fourth of July is approaching and there’s no better dessert than one that is fierce and yummy!
The best thing about this recipe is that the strawberries can be handpicked from a garden or freshly bought at the supermarket. The fresh strawberries are much tastier than frozen ones and with the pie crust and whipped cream on top it makes for the perfect summer berry pie!
Growing up I would go to my grandparents’ house and pick all sorts of vegetables and fruits from their garden. I can remember picking the strawberries and bringing them in to be made for pies. That may be why I love it so much, it brings back great memories from my childhood. I would definitely say that picking your own strawberries makes it fun and enjoyable for everyone because you can do it with the people you love! There’s nothing more enjoyable than knowing that you were able to grow the very strawberries you get to use for the pies! Especially if you have young children it’s always fun to let them plant the strawberries, watch them grow ,and then help you make them! I would have to say that has been one of my favorite memories growing up!
This recipe is double the fun because it not only makes one pie but TWO!! When you buy the Pillsbury Deep Dish Pie Crust you are automatically getting two! We always make two pies because they are always eaten within minutes and we love them so much! But you can always cut the recipe in half if you would only like to make one pie.
STRAWBERRY PIE INGREDIENTS:
This recipe makes two pies, let’s talk ingredients…
- Pie Crust – I use Pillsbury Deep Dish Pie Crust because it already comes with two and all I have to do is stick it in the oven. I buy the deep dish because it allows for more of the filling to be in the pie.
- Strawberry Jell-O– 2 small boxes (3 oz each) of the Strawberry Jell-O.
- Sugar– 2 cups of Sugar.
- Water– 2 cups of Water .
- Corn starch– 4 table spoons of Corn Starch.
- Strawberries– 8 cups of cut up Strawberries.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY PIE:
- Prepare Pie Crust. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. After the oven has heated up take both Pie Crusts and puncture with a fork. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Remove pies and cool.
- Prepare Strawberries. Rinse and cut up
- Create filling. Using a 5 quart saucepan add 2 cups of Water, 2 cups of Sugar, and 4 tbs of Corn starch. Turn to medium heat and whisk for about 10 minutes until it becomes thick and bubbly.
- Let filling cool and add Jell-O. Remove from heat and add Strawberry Jell-O and mix until dissolved.
- Add strawberries . Take 8 cups of cut up strawberries and add to filling. Stir together with a Silicone Spoon.
- Fill Pie Crust. Take your pie crust and fill with mixture.
- Let pies chill. Cover with Aluminum Foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy the next day!
For the best Strawberry Pie keep refrigerated as long as possible. You will want to give the filling time to set and cool down because this will make is much easier to cut and less likely to fall apart. To top it all off, add some Whip Cream for an ever lasting taste and flavor!
Get the Scoop on more delicious dessert recipes:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Balls Recipe
- Salted Carmel Snickerdoodle Recipe
- Valentine’s Day White Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Pretzel Rods
- Sea Salt Butterscotch Pretzel Cookies Recipe
- 2 Deep Dish Pie crusts
- 2 Small boxes of Strawberry Jell-O
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 2 Cups of Water
- 4 Tbs of Corn Starch
- 8 Cups of Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. After oven has heated up take pie crusts and puncture with a fork. Cook 10-12 minutes. Remove pies and let cool.
- Rinse and cut up strawberries.
- Using a 5 quart saucepan add 2 cups of water, 2 cups of sugar, 4tbs of corn starch. Turn to medium heat and whisk for about 10minutes until it becomes thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add Strawberry Jell-O packets. Mix until dissolved.
- Take the 8 cups of cut up strawberries and add to filling. Stir together.
- Take pie crusts and fill with strawberry mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and let it refrigerate overnight.