Holiday Trends: Non-Surgical Mommy Makeovers
As you’ve probably noticed, the term “mommy makeover” has become pretty common in our society. The word is typically used to describe plastic surgery procedures that are designed to help restore a women’s pre-pregnancy appearance. However, to the surprise of many, there are several non-surgical procedures we can choose from without “going under the knife.”
As we approach the holiday season, and our calendars begin filling with celebrations, parties and events, many women are looking at options to help restore the look of their youth. Although Scottsdale mommy makeovers do vary, some of the common non-surgical procedures often incorporated are:
- Botox – An injectable that is used to relax fine lines and wrinkles around the forehead and eyes. Botox works by interacting with neuromuscular junctions in the face to decrease the occurrence of muscle contractions. The more the muscles of the face contract, the more likely it is that wrinkles will form. By preventing this action, Botox can reduce the appearance of existing wrinkles and fine lines, and also curb the development of new ones.
- Juvederm – A gel filler comprised of hyaluronic acid, a substance which is naturally present in the body and provides volume and structure to the skin. Juvederm can be used if you suffer from smile lines, marionette lines, or areas of volume loss. It works by replenishing the body’s supply of hyaluronic acid in targeted areas. Juvederm can be injected into facial features that exhibit signs of aging, particularly around the mouth. In clinical studies, this treatment has proven to last upwards of one full year.
- Radiesse -A hydroxyapatite, which is designed to turn back the hands of time by replenishing lost volume in the facial features. One of the main causes of wrinkles and fine lines is the loss of collagen. Radiesse is unique in that once it is injected, it provides structure for the skin and actually stimulates the growth of new collagen, providing a natural defense against more wrinkles and fine lines. Radiesse can target wrinkles and skin folds around your mouth, nose, and other areas of volume loss.
- Restylane – Similar to Juvederm in that it contains hyaluronic acid and can be used to add volume to the skin, particularly around the nose, eyes and mouth. Restylane is also approved for adding fullness to the lips, which can diminish with age.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing – Uses laser light to penetrate the deep layers of the skin, stimulating collagen growth and eliminating damaged skin cells on the surface. Laser skin resurfacing can be used on almost all parts of the body, but is most commonly used on the face, neck, chest, arms and hands. This is a versatile treatment which accomplishes a number of cosmetic goals for a comprehensive final result.
- Lip Augmentation – There are several methods for lip augmentation, including fat injections, dermal fillers, lip lift and lip implants. The type of lip augmentation surgery you receive will be decided during your pre-surgery consultation.
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season often leaves us tired and overwhelmed. If you’re interested in learning more about a mommy makeover, contact a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.