Disclosure: As member of a pretty cool team of influencers, (I received the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with line of service from Verizon. No additional compensation was provided, nor did I promise a positive feedback) all opinions are my own.
Choosing a smartphone is tougher than picking out what to watch on Netflix – which, if you’re anything like me, can seem like the most difficult decision in the world. iPhone? Android? Windows? Blackberry? What will you be using it for? Will it be strictly phone calls, texts and emails? Or are you a gamer? Do you know you’ll want to download a ton of apps? How much storage should you get? The questions will never end…
I’d like to help ease the decision-making pain with these tips so you can choose a smartphone that will give you exactly what you want:
1. If you like apps, iPhone is way ahead of the game. There’s an app for absolutely everything and they receive constant updates. Android and Windows are catching up. Blackberry, on the other hand, is way behind in the app department. They’re a little more old school, but still great if you’re using your smartphone strictly for business.
2. If you’re a Google person, an Android smartphone is the one for you. Everything on the Android is integrated with Google, so you’ll learn the flexible system very quickly.
3. If you love to accessorize, an iPhone is totally the way to go. There’s tons of cases, skins and even clutches that fit your iPhone. You could find something to match every single outfit you own. (I know this because before I upgraded to the iPhone 5s last year I had a little over 50 cases for my iPhone 4s… It’s quite the obsession)
4. If having a large screen is important to you, Android is probably the way to go. The large screens offer great graphics for running games and streaming television.
5. I know that I’m an Apple gal. I have a Macbook, an iPad, an iHome and an iPhone. I thought it was easiest just to keep everything is the same family. It just makes everything easier.