September is slowly on it’s way, and with him comes cooler temperatures and we all know what that means: time to stock up on all our favorite moisturizers. The cool, crisp air might feel like a refreshing relief from the decade’s hottest summer, but it can also be harmful to our skin. The last thing we want to deal with is chapped, peeling lips. It’s painful, and can be embarrassing! To keep the pouty look all throughout the year use these tips to maintain your soft lips:
- If you feel the dryness coming on, try your best NOT to keep licking your lips. Although it might feel better for a little bit, our saliva actually makes it worse!
- Water, Water, Water! Yes, hot chocolate, cider, and pumpkin lattes are fabulous for the holidays, but try to keep drinking as much water as you can to keep your skin moisturized.
- Try to apply chapstick at night before you go to bed, and in the morning when you wake up.
- Don’t have any chapstick? Try rubbing a thin layer of honey on your top and bottom lips before bed, and you’ll wake up feeling refreshed.
- Exfoliating your lips might seem like a good thing, but too much of anything can be detrimental. Create a sugar scrub and exfoliate your lips, but only about once a week max!
Polyvore by Candace Lowry