Are you ever just craving a slice of cheesecake? We all know that cheesecake can be a filling dessert, so these small bite-sized snacks are a perfect fix for your sweet tooth, and mine. Everyone has had a craving for something sweet and savory, and there is no reason to deny yourself one of the best food choices around just because you are on the keto diet.
Making a cheesecake is a full-on task, but these small, bite-sized alternatives are quick and easy. No need to worry because we have the perfect recipe for Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Balls.
Keeping to a keto diet can be tricky when some of the food can seem to limit your options. If the only dessert you give yourself on this diet is a protein bar or some dark chocolate, you’re sure to find it frustrating. Exploring new dessert ideas, like the peanut butter cheesecake balls, can make this diet more exciting and help keep you on track with your healthy choices.
Make sure you have all the necessary ingredients before you begin crafting your perfect peanut butter cheesecake dessert.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Balls Ingredients:
To make these savory desserts, you will need:
- Cream Cheese: Make sure when you grab your cream cheese from the store you get the full-fat cream cheese.
- Peanut Butter: Use the reduced-sugar version of your favorite peanut butter for this recipe. It’ll taste the same and help you stay on track with your keto diet.
- Powdered Erythritol: Erythritol tastes just like your standard sugar. This is a sugar alcohol used as a low-calorie sweetener. You’ll need powdered erythritol for this dessert not granular.
- Cocoa Powder: I personally did not use unsweetened cocoa powder, but if you are aiming for a strict keto diet then make that substitution to this recipe.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: If you don’t already have some vanilla in your kitchen cupboard, now is the time to get some. With this ingredient, a little goes a long way so use it sparingly.
- Chocolate Chips: For a strict keto diet follower, mix sugar-free dark chocolate chips into your dough rather than the typical semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips.
You will also need:
- Cookie Sheet: I prefer to make this recipe on a cookie sheet so as to minimize kitchen clean up time.
- Hand mixer: Although I didn’t use this to mix my dough I can agree it would make the recipe a bit easier to accomplish.
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Balls Recipe:
Making these cheesecake balls can be very easy. The longest time commitment is being able to refrigerate the dough for 2 hours during the process. This step is critical as it allows the dough to get cold and firm. Having that dough get chilly makes this treat so much sweeter. It will also help the cheesecake balls hold their form and last longer.
One mild alteration to this recipe is that I did not use a hand mixer, but rather mixed by hand. This probably would be a good step to switch. I personally found some difficulty is getting all the ingredients properly combined for my peanut butter cheesecake balls. These cheesecake balls are sure to be a new favorite, and because they can be stored so easily you are sure to want to have some on hand for when those cravings kick in.