Though a lot of young women where flats, sandals, boots and the like all year round, there are many of us that frequent sneaker sites to see all of the new releases! I personally do not think wearing sneakers make you look like less of a woman. They’re edgy and can be dressed many different ways to get the look you’re going for- plus they are great for the summer to show off your fly kicks!
More recently many fashionable stars who are known for rocking the hottest Louboutins or the latest Brian Atwood platform have been wearing sneakers around everywhere! Beyonce the made Isabel Marant’s sneakers a huge hit when she wore them in her “Love On Top” video. Stars from model Miranda Kerr to Alicia Keys have been spotting these shoes in their unique colorways.
If you know anything about sneakers, you know the Jordan brand is a HUGE deal. They release a few pair every other week, and a lot of sneakerheads will camp out at their local sneakerstore to get a pair. This summer they will be releasing a lot of heat (see Sneaker Terminology below) including the Obsidian Retro 12s an the Golden Moments Package which includes gold Retro 6’s and 7’s. What may be the most awaited for, however, are the Olympic Retro 7s and the white, red and black Retro 4s. These are special because they came out a few years ago and sold out FAST, leaving a lot of people without them. The Olympic 7s didn’t come in small sizes either, which made most female sneakerheads unable to buy them. But that has all changed now that they will be available in gradeschool sizes this summer- S-W-E-E-T!
- Sneakerhead- A person who is in love with sneakers and the culture.
- Heat- Exclusive kicks.
- OGs- The original version of a sneaker. (If you have a pair, HOLD ON TO THEM)
- Retro- Remake of the OG.
- GS- Grade school sizes, 3.5-7
- Package- Two pair of sneakers that come together, normally Jordans.
- Hypebeast- A person who only buys sneakers because they are hot at the moment or very expensive, similar to band-wagoners.
- Beaters- Sneakers that are not in the best condition, you wear these without caring much about them.