Whether it’s the hot weather and that itsy bitsy bikini that has made you a little more body-conscious than usual, you’re now in luck. Try this recipe for a low-calorie version of CHIPS, yes even those can be healthy.
Instead of regular chips, try:
Baked Zucchini Chips
-canola cooking spray
-seasoned salt or other seasonings of your choice (tarragon to add flavor, or Cayenne Pepper to make it a little spicier is recommended)
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil and spray with canola oil.
2. Slice your zucchini thinly. They should be about the thickness of a quarter.
3. Lay the slices on the baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the seasonings of your choice. As these chips will shrink in the oven, use less than what seems necessary.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
5. Rotate the baking sheet and bake for an additional 30-50 minutes, until the chips are browned and crisped to your liking. One zucchini makes one serving.
Photo courtesy of photopin.com