Craving a delicious baked good but fear the calorie cost? Look no further! This dark chocolate raspberry cupcake recipe is low in fat and calories, and incredibly simple to make, so even the least experienced baker can throw these together in a snap. Plus, with Summer in full swing, who wants to spend the day locked in a hot kitchen?
What You’ll Need:
-One box of dark chocolate or devils food cake mix, any brand
-8 Oz (1 Can) of Raspberry Flavored seltzer, any brand
-Mixing bowl & spoon
-Cupcake tray & papers
-1 Container of fresh raspberries
-Whipped Vanilla Icing or Cool Whip
- Follow the general directions on the cake mix box as far as pre-heating the oven goes and prepare the cupcake wrappers.
- Pour cake mix into mixing bowl.
- Measure out 8 oz of seltzer (the equivalent of one can) and pour about a third of it into the bowl with the cake mix, mixing a little. Repeat this until all 8 oz are in the bowl and the batter has been mixed well.
- Scoop batter into cupcake papers. The batter may be a little thicker than it would be with regular ingredients.
- Allow to bake for about 18 to 22 minutes, depending on your oven. To check if it’s done, take a tooth pick and poke one of the cupcakes in the middle. If it comes out clean, you’re good to go!
These low calorie cupcakes are incredibly moist and flavorful, therefore icing isn’t necessary, and it won’t break your diet. Feeling a little indulgent? The perfect icing to top these treats off with is just as simple as the recipe itself. Combine fresh raspberries in a bowl with light whipped vanilla icing and you’re ready to top off your creation. The fresh fruit gives it a bit of extra flavor. If you’re looking for an even lighter option, combine the raspberries with TruWhip or any kind of cool whip. If you go with the latter option, however, be sure to store the cupcakes in the refrigerator, and only “ice” when just about to eat.