A day without oatmeal is not a good day. To say I’m addicted is an understatement. I’ve been eating the brown-tanish mush of hot cereal daily for five years and that’s no exaggeration. I’m pretty certain my insides are made of oats now. I am even known to pack a box of oatmeal whenever I travel. (What can I say, we just can’t part ways.) I tried to fight the thoughts in my head but eventually, I had to accept it; Oatmeal.Became.Boring.
“Mix it up”, they said. “Eat some eggs”, they said. No, I will not give up on my oats. In came my new life moto: when life gets boring, throw some strawberries, apples, and whatever else you find in your refrigerator/pantry on it. If you’re tired of boring oatmeal or want to try something new, check out this recipe below! Bonus….it’s uber healthy and keeps you full for hours.
- 1 packet of oatmeal
- 3 strawberries
- 1/3 apple
- 1 teaspoon flaxseeds
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 1 package of Justin’s Almond Butter
- 1 square dark chocolate
- 1. Microwave oatmeal according to directions (with almond milk).
- 2. Dice 3 strawberries and 1/3 of an apple.
- 3. Add 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt to oatmeal.
- 4. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- 5. Layer flaxseed, strawberries, apple, and Justin’s Almond Butter.
- 6. Dice 1 square of dark chocolate (optional)
- 7. Eat!!!
I hope you enjoy this oatmeal recipe! It’s addicting, healthy, quick and provides you with all the energy you need to start your day!