As I get older the best beauty trick I have discovered is to really, truly invest in the products you use. Something I’ve learned over time is not all products are created equally and it is important to find high quality products that work for you!! Everyone has different goals when it comes to their skin, but ultimately we all want to take care of it the best that we can.
Recently, I partnered with Monarch Plastic Surgery and Skin Rejuvenation Center to test out Obagi and I am so happy I did. This was my first time using it and I can’t believe my results. Before Obagi I had just been using and anything and everything, I wasn’t paying attention to labels or even realized what I was putting on my skin. After discovering Obagi I have noticed huge improvements in my skin. But, first lets dive into what Obagi and the system I used.
What is Obagi?
With a 30-year legacy of science and innovation, Obagi has led transformative research that has met the needs of every skin tone and type. The Obagi brand believes skin care is more than “correcting” or even “preventing,” it’s about unleashing your skin’s full potential. Their goal is to create the future of skin care—and create products that truly work with your skin to improve and enhance it.
I have been using the Obagi Nu-Derm Fx System and my skin has truly never felt or looked better. It is a complete and hydroquinone-free kit that brightens and minimizes signs of aging. Details on each step are below.
- Step 1: In the morning and at night, use the foaming gel cleanser. It will cleanse your face of oil, dirt, and makeup that shouldn’t be there. It will create a clean base for the products that go on top.
- Step 2: The Obagi toner, Apply to a cotton ball or pad to get rid of any excess dirt or makeup the cleanser did not. It will also balance the pH of your skin so the following products will be able to penetrate your skin better.
- Step 3: Clear, this is a 4% hydroquinone product that will help with hyperpigmentation. It will work to reduce the pigmentation in freckles, age spots, etc.
- Step 4: Exoderm Forte, for use in the morning only! A chemical exfoliant – especially helpful for aging skin as the exfoliating process slows down with age.
- Step 5: Blender, which is used only at night, is also a 4% hydroquinone product that is paired with the tretinoin cream (tretinoin purchased separately) both of which work to exfoliate and lighten skin spots!
- Step 6: Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!!!
- Step 7: Always apply SPF to protect skin from sunspots and aging caused by the sun!
Where to Purchase Obagi?
Obagi skin care products include prescription 4% hydroquinone and are available only through physicians, medical spas, and other skin care and medical professionals. The only way to ensure your Obagi product is genuine is to purchase it directly from an authorized retailer.
If you are local to the Kansas City area you can purchase Obagi at Monarch Plastic Surgery and Skin Rejuvenation Center. Make sure to stop by their customer appreciation Carnival on October 3 to get an extra 20% off at the event. You can read all the details for the event here.
Disclosure: I was provided with product from Monarch in exchange for my honest opinion.