Park Place Leawood Summer Events Schedule
I am so excited to bring you the scoop on everything happening at Park Place Leawood this summer. You may have watched a few of my local TV segments featuring some of the fun items you can find at this outdoor shopping space. Well, not only does Park Place Leawood have great shopping, they have a full line up of exciting summer events.
There will be no excuse for families to be bored this summer now that Park Place has announced its series of summer fun activities. From foodie experiences and outdoor fitness to concerts and classes, families and friends can choose from a wide array of exciting activities to enjoy together at Park Place, located at 116th Place and Ash Street in Leawood, Kansas.
RALLY FOR KIDS 2017: PULLING TOGETHER TO RAISE KANSAS CITY KIDS
Sat, June 10 (11am-1:15pm)
Park Place, Shawnee Mission Health and Raised with Love and Limits Foundation host a “Red Wagon Parade” where kids of all ages and their families, neighbors and friends are invited to decorate Red Wagons, trikes and bikes, and/or walk with posters thanking those who pull together to keep their family rolling along! The celebration continues with live music from Jim “Mr. Stinky Feet” Cosgrove, magic, face painting, a musical petting zoo, gymnastics, balloon art, Music House kid’s band, health and behavior education for parents, prize giveaways and more.
- June 8th Midnight – Online registration deadline (in person registration continues)
- June 9th (10:30am-Noon) – Free Parade Sign Decorating Class at The Learning Tree
- June 10th Event: 11am – Red Wagon Parade 11:15-1:15 – Roaming magic, musical petting zoo, face painters, balloon art and more 11:15am – Jim “Mr. Stinky Feet” Cosgrove Live 12pm – Magic Show 12:45 – Live Kids Music featuring Music House School of Music
PARK PLACE UNPLUGGED June & July
(Every Fri 5-7pm)
Acoustic outdoor sidewalk performances to enjoy during a stroll or patio happy hour. You’ll take delight in these solo artists and small groups as they yank out the power cord to showcase all of our favorite rock and pop songs on the corner of 116th Place and Ash Street every Friday from 5-7pm in June and July.
- 6/2 Billy Ebeling
- 6/9 Red Velvet Crush
- 6/16 Erica McKenzie
- 6/23 Bryce Prichard
- 6/30 Skeet Hanks
- 7/7 Nick Nave
- 7/14 Billy Ebeling
- 7/21 Erica McKenzie
- 7/28 Nick Nave Park Place Unplugged
FREE OUTDOOR FITNESS CLASS June & July (Every Sat 7-7:45am)
Designed for outdoors, enjoy a 45-minute modified version of the OrangeTheory 60-minute Full Body workout led by a personal trainer in a group fitness environment. OrangeTheory’s signature workout combines high-intensity interval training with endurance, strength, and power that builds muscle power and burns calories for up to 36 hours after the workout has ended. We use heart-rate zone based interval training to keep participants motivated. Just bring a towel and some water then enjoy the sun and the fitness burn! All participants will also receive a coupon to enjoy a free protein ball from T. Loft immediately following the workout.
CHILDREN’S GARDENING CLASS + STORY TIME June & July (Every Wed 10-11am)
Rosehill Gardens will offer fun and creative gardening activities including herbs, seeds, wind chimes, miniature garden, creepy crawlers and more every Wednesday beginning at 10am in Barkley Square followed by story time with The Learning Tree. (Reservations are recommended; $8 material fee.) After the gardening class and reading time, enjoy a special offer at BurgerFi: Kids meal $1.99 with purchase of adult meal after event.
- 6/7 – Egg Shell Planter Tiny chia-like planters made of eggshells will be filled with seeds and soil for the kids to watch grow over the summer.
- 6/14 – Painted Flower Pot Decorate your own pot with paint, stickers, beads etc.
- 6/21 – Miniature Garden Create a miniature garden with small plants, decorative stones and a bit of your own magic with various special fairy-loving objects
- 6/28 – Seeds!-Pit or Pod? (Seed Mosaic Art) Learn the differences between types of seeds in fruits and veggies, then create your own seed mosaic masterpiece to take home.
- 7/5 – Creepy Crawlers 2 Back with more fun and creepy crawlers from around the yard! Show and tell with lots of creepy and fun things from nature.
- 7/12 – Fun with Herbs Learn what herbs are used for in cooking and the garden. Experiment with tasting and smelling various herbs
- 7/19 – Wind Chimes Listen to the beautiful sounds of wind chimes while making one of your own with recycled materials to take home.
- 7/26 – Nature Print Create a work of art to make for yourself or someone special using fern leaves, nut shells and other pretty patterns found in nature.
THROWBACK THURSDAY LIVE! July (Every Thurs 6-8pm)
Live summer concert series featuring Tom Petty, Elton John, U2 and The Beatles tribute bands in Barkley Square. This event is open to the public and free. Guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs and blankets to Barkley Square to thoroughly relax and take in the throwback vibes!
- 7/6 – Petty Theft KC (Tom Petty Tribute Band)
- 7/13 – Elton Dan (Elton John Tribute Band)
- 7/20 – Rattle & Hum (U2 Tribute Band)
- 7/27 – Liverpool (The Beatles Tribute Band)
FOODIE CHICK EVENT Sat, July 22 (4-9pm)
The Foodie Chick Event is the latest concept brought to you by Chick Events. Guests will feast on top restaurant bites, local KC wine, craft beer, coffee & tea and vote for their favorites. Enjoy tastings from Kansas City restaurants, a dozen specialty drinks (wine, beer, coffee) in addition to shopping our marketplace filled with artisan food and food/drink/ entertaining product vendors. This inaugural event will take place on the streets of Park Place for a tasting & shopping experience unlike any other for all foodies.
- Tasting Tickets $35 Tasting Tickets $40 (at the door if available)
- VIP Tasting Experiences: $50 (includes GA Tasting ticket)
* Wine & Cheese (sponsored by KC Wine Co. & Green Dirt Farm) * Beer & Bites (sponsored by Gordon Biersch) * Whiskey & Donuts (sponsored by Union Horse Distillery & Donutology)
WINE & DINE WEEK AT PARK PLACE July 31-Aug 6
Park Place restaurants offer specially priced lunch ($15) and dinner ($30) multi-course meals. Pre-fixe menus will be listed on ParkPlaceLeawood.com. Reservations are not required to participate but are strongly encouraged and can be booked directly with restaurants. As an extra perk, all reservations made during the Foodie Chick Event will come with a $5 Gift Card valid to any Wine & Dine Week dinner.
I hope you are able to take advantage of these fun events at Park Place Leawood this summer. For an even easier summer, you can take advantage of the free valet parking Monday-Saturday beginning at 5pm for all stores, restaurants, services and events. Complete details for all events can be found at ParkPlaceLeawood.com.