Disneyland Park lovers enjoy going on the rides, visiting Mickey and Minnie Mouse, shopping, and of course eating! One popular dessert, based on the lines at the park, is the Dole Whips. Whips are pineapple ice cream that hits the spot on any hot day. If you haven’t had one, you should buy one the next time you are at Disneyland. I’m not a pineapple fan, but I find these irresistible. However, the price, and the line is what draws me away from purchasing the Whips most of the time, and it’s always really hard for me to not purchase some! No more lines and breaking the bank account! Sorry this isn’t a lower calorie version, so this isn’t for healthy diets. However, a ½ cup of a whip is only 80 calories!
- 2 (20 ounce cans of Dole) crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 and ½ cups of heavy whipping cream (whipped)
- Drain the pineapple juice (so that there are only pieces of pineapple left in the cans) and reserve 2 tablespoons of juice, and set it aside.
- Place the pineapple, lemon, and lime juice, sugar and reserve pineapple juice in blender, and process until smooth.
- Pour into 1 quart freezer zipped bags, and store them flat in the freezer.
- Freeze 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.
- Stir the slush with the 1 and ½ cups of heavy whipping cream in a bowl until slightly blended.
- Return to freezer until completely frozen for about an hour.
Enjoy your pineapple treats!