Salted Caramel Snickerdoodles Recipe With Video
Snicker-doodles just got a whole lot fancier, thanks to caramel sea salt and a little bit of baking! Try this delicious Salted Caramel Snicker-doodles recipe, we agree you won’t regret it!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 cup caramel squares/melts (any brand works)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sea salt for sprinkling
1. In a medium sized bowl mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and cinnamon) and set aside.
2. Heat a small saucepan on medium heat. Slice the unsalted butter (1 cup) and add to pan. Whisk frequently. The butter will become frothy at the top and eventually you will smell a nutty aroma. Watch the butter closely because the turn from frothy to brown happens quickly and you don’t want it to burn. Once the butter turns brown, remove from heat to cool.
3. In a stand mixer or another bowl, combine the brown butter, brown sugar, and ½ of white sugar. (The other ¼ cup of sugar/2 tsp cinnamon is used for rolling the cookies). Mix until blended
4. Add in egg, yolk, vanilla, Greek yogurt, and slowly add the dry ingredients until combined.
5. Add caramels to mixture.
6. Form the dough into a ball and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. The longer the better.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make balls from the dough and roll into the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with sea salt over the top.
Now, you have the best snicker-doodle cookie recipe! We hope you enjoy this tasty treat!