SheCon Blogging Conference
I just wanted to share my experience about a recent blogging conference I attended. The SheCon blogging conference was a great opportunity for me to learn from some of the best in the business. 🙂 The SheCon conference took place in Orlando, Florida this year. I believe this was the second conference they have had and the first I have attended. I had a lot of fun networking with others and enjoy the speakers.
Here are some tips I have for those attending their first blogging conference.
1. Bring business cards. Trust me, you are going to want to network with businesses and fellow bloggers.
2. Be talkative. Don’t be shy…this is not the place. You need to be outspoken and let others know about your blog.
3. Take the freebies. Those goodies are there for you. The businesses are putting these products in your hands in hopes that you will spread the word on them. Taking the gift bags and products allows you to try them out and spread the word.
4. Take notes. I learned so much from this conference. I brought my iPad and recorded notes at the different sessions. Also, the good ol’ fashion pen and paper really came in handy. Write down everything you hear. I was so happy to be able to look back at all of my notes when I got home.
5. Have fun! I was shocked at how much fun this conference was. My mom was able to attend with me so I had a partner to double up the fun. Between the complimentary massage, makeover and goodies we didn’t have time to stop having fun. From my first conference experience, I learned about how much fun these can be, its almost like a big party. A party where all of the attendees and speakers have the same interest…blogging!! 🙂