I find myself wanting to order salads a lot, but worry that they wont fill me up. So I decided to take matters into my own hands by creating a hearty salad at home. Not only is it super filling, but it also saves you money in the end. This summer salad recipe can last a couple meals, and by simply doubling the recipe, you get quick and easy lunches for the week.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 bag of lettuce (I use leafy romaine but spinach works fab also!)
- 2 grilled chicken cutlets, cut into strips.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped into pieces.
- 1 ½ cups of avocado, chopped into cubes.
- ½ bag of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of fresh mozzarella, chopped into cubes.
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of crispy salad wontons (optional)
- Sesame ginger dressing (many other dressings work well too!)
The entire process will take less than 20 minutes of prep time. I recommend hard-boiling the eggs earlier in the day, as they should cool before you slice them. Once the ingredients are properly chopped, all you need to do is throw everything but the wontons into a large bowl. Mix it around until everything seems evenly distributed. Top with crispy wontons and add dressing to your individual bowl to avoid a soggy mess in the fridge later. Enjoy your hearty summer salad!