2012 was a year of great fashion trends and with these great trends came the usual stars who cemented their status as fashion icons and newcomers who showed they have what it takes to be style stars too! Here are the 12 celebrities we think looked phenomenal in 2012…
THE TWO EMMA’S
1. Emma Stone: The young actress who shone in the blockbuster movie, ‘The Amazing Spiderman,’ has looked fantastic all year long. Whether rocking a beautiful gown, a cute mini-dress or a tuxedo suit, she always looks young, fresh and fabulous!
2. Emma Watson: Another Emma for our list. The Harry Potter star has grown into a fashion icon over the years and 2012 was no different. From leather and patterns to peplum, she definitely didn’t come across as a wallflower.
THE FUTURE QUEEN AND THE QUEEN OF THE CATWALK
3. Kate Middleton – The Duchess of Cambridge has had another amazing year since she got married back in April 2011. She is truly a royal style icon in the making!
4. Miranda Kerr – Although this Aussie can usually be seen strutting her stuff on the catwalk, she always looks effortlessly chic off-duty too!
5. Diane Kruger – Diane is not usually out of the ‘most stylish’ lists and this one is no exception. This beautiful German actress always looks amazing, current and edgy every time she graces the red carpet.
6. Olivia Palermo – This beautiful socialite is also always on the best dressed lists. Looks like she is here to stay!
THE SLEEK AND SOPHISTICATED HOLLYWOOD GOLDEN GIRLS
7. Gwyneth Paltrow – Paltrow wowed this year in Tom Ford at the Academy Awards and she continuously looks fabulous with her simple styling and sleek lines.
8. Jessica Alba – This beautiful actress never gets it wrong and she has been rocking some of the hottest fashion and beauty trends this year. Whether she’s wearing a gold gown, neon jeans or a military jacket, Alba never disappoints!
THE EDGY CHICKS
9.Kristen Stewart – The Twilight actress has had a busy year with her personal life splashed across the news and her three big movies that came out. Yet, she is starting to grow into her style more and although she still has her tomboy edge, you rarely see her walking the red carpet in jeans and Converse anymore and we love that!
10. Alexa Chung – This British TV presenter is known for her eclectic style taste but that’s the reason why we love her!
GIRLS ALL GROWN UP
11. Taylor Swift – This country starlet is not only making headlines for her music but for her ever-changing and grown up fashion sense. She always looks beautifully feminine and pretty!
12. Selena Gomez – Selena has had a big change in 2012. Aside from making headlines with her alleged on-again/off-again relationship with Justin Bieber, she has grown into a woman. Her fashion choices reflect this change and this is why she is on our list.
We love the stylish stars of 2012, but here are the ones we think you should watch this year…
THE HOLLYWOOD PRINCESS
Jennifer Lawrence – The Hunger Games star wowed on the red carpet this year but has yet to define her personal style. We can’t wait to see when it happens!
THE TRENDIER SISTER?
Elizabeth Olsen – The other Olsen sister has been wowing the fashion community last year – we can’t wait to see what else is up her sleeve!
THE FUTURE OF MUSIC
Rita Ora – The British singer has a quirky sense of style. She’s like a mixture of Rihanna and Lady Gaga!
THE ROYAL MOTHER-TO-BE
Kate Middleton – There’s a royal baby on the way for the Duchess and we are excited to see how her style transitions into maternity wear.
Lily Collins – This beautiful actress is up and coming and so is her style so we’re staying tuned to see what she does!