This crispy and delicious air fried Grilled Cheese recipe is super-easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and tastes perfectly cheesy and is sure to satisfy all your cravings!
You can never go wrong with a classic grilled cheese sandwich. Whether you’re looking for an easy lunch recipe, the perfect afternoon pick me up, or even a late night snack, grilled cheese sandwiches are ALWAYS a good idea. We’ve decided to throw in a little fun spin and make an air fryer version of our favorite classic sandwich!
How could you ever say no to a delicious and crunchy grilled cheese!? It’s practically impossible to resist these savory and crispy beautiful sandwiches, so we figured we would help you out by giving you the best recipe yet! While it might seem pretty impossible to ever make a bad grilled cheese, it is definitely possible to make an even BETTER grilled cheese than you ever imagined! By using our favorite new kitchen appliance (an air fryer) you can have the most perfectly toasted grilled cheese of your gooey dreams!
First, let’s chat ingredients. To make this amazing grilled cheese recipe, you will need…
AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE INGREDIENTS:
To make this Air Fryer Grilled Cheese recipe, you will need:
Bread: 2 Slices of bread to make the best grilled cheese.
Butter: 1 Tablespoon of butter for extra flavor.
Cheese: 2 slices of cheddar or American cheese or more slices if you’d like to make it a little more cheesy!
Air Fryer: Air Fryer to make the your grilled cheese.
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED CHEESE IN THE AIRFRYER:
3. Heat air fryer to 350 degrees and place sandwich in.
4. Set air fryer to 3-5 minutes.
5. Flip grilled cheese and air fry another 3-5 minutes.
6. Slice in half and enjoy!
Here at Sarah Scoop we are fully aware that while a grilled cheese sandwich is definitely a yummy option, it is not always the healthiest. So, we decided to give you some healthy alternatives to this delicious sandwich!
FOR A HEALTHIER OPTION HERE ARE SOME EASY SWAPS…
- Swap traditional white bread with high fiber (low carb) bread
- Swap american cheese with a low fat mozzarella cheese instead!
- Use olive oil instead of butter to get your sandwich extra crispy!
- 2 Slices of bread
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 2 slices of cheddar or American cheese
- Place cheese slices between bread slices.
- Spread butter to outside of bread slices.
- Heat air fryer to 350 degrees and place sandwich in. Set air fryer to 3-5 minutes.
- Flip grilled cheese and air fry another 3-5 minutes.
- Slice in half and enjoy!