The past few months have been a whirlwind for A-list stars and directors like Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, and Ben Affleck (just to name a few). However, one thing sticks out aside from their killer performances and talent: their style. From the People’s Choice Awards to the glamourous Golden Globes, the women and men of the red carpet have been turning heads. As we all await the Academy Awards, we’ve made a list of our favorite looks so far in this awards season. We’ve complied a list of the top award show fashion.
5. Emma Watson’s (People’s Choice Awards) look at the show has received mixed reviews, but we love that she made such a bold move on the star-studded night. The Peter Pilotto ensemble is hard to take your eyes off of, with its interesting structure and unique cutout shapes. Her skirt maintains the funky modern look, adding splashes of color to the outfit. Emma, we give you two thumbs up!
4. Harry who? Taylor Swift (People’s Choice Awards) made jaws drop in her starch white Ralph Lauren gown last month. The deep-V plunging neckline has been a hot style this season, but we love that Taylor got out of her comfort zone! Her simple jewelry add just enough shine, and her smokey eyes were a perfect edition to the sultry look.
3. Jennifer Lawrence (Critics Choice Awards) is keeping her fashion streak up with flying colors! She never ceases to surprise us, and gives audiences something new to look at in every appearance. The Prabal Gurung gown took her to the dark side (in a good way). We can’t wait to see what the Silver Lining’s Playbook actress will wear next. Our only complaint? Let your hair down!
2. Anne Hathaway (Golden Globes) channeled her inner goddess in the bright and beautiful Chanel Couture look. Both pieces fit her svelte figure like a dream, leaving a lasting impression fashion bloggers. She hasn’t let her short hair get her down, looking like a screen siren this awards season.
1. Our number one pick has to be Kate Hudson (Golden Globes) in Alexander McQueen, not only because the dress was drop dead gorgeous, but it was also so different. The detailed embellishments around her neck and perfect addition of gold in her belt sealed the look in the number one spot. Although she wasn’t in too many films this year, she rocked the red carpet like she was the best and most fabulous Actress! Way to go girl.
What do you think of these looks from different award show fashion?
Photos thanks to people.com, Imnotobsessed.com, contactmusic.com, and bohomoth.com