Dinner parties are always fun, but even better when you get to share them with creative, like-minded individuals. I was so excited to join a few lovely Kansas City bloggers for evening of dinner, drinks and of course talk time. It is so fun connecting with other bloggers and hearing about the amazing things they have going on.
Here are a few tips to make your dinner party perfect.
1. Be Social. Invite people you want to catch up with. Rather than going out to dinner with a friend you haven’t seen in a while, you can instead invite them over for a non-rushed evening with food and drinks.
2. Be Creative. All of those recipes you’ve been pinning on pinterest…yes, you know what I’m talking about. That board you created, but haven’t made one single recipe. Now is the time to test those out and share them with your guests.
3. Plan it out. Don’t stress about it, this should be fun. But, a little up front planning, such as the decor, food and drinks will really make the evening go smoother.
4. Invest in it. Go out and get some great items that can be used for multiple dinner parties. Look for pieces that photograph well, as you know after all this work you will want to capture the moment. Pick pieces that are white, clear, etc. You want classic pieces that can be intermixed throughout the year.
5. Relax. Remember to enjoy the evening. Don’t worry if things don’t seem perfect. All that matters is you are having a great time with important people in your life.
The night was filled with amazing decor from West Elm Kansas City. I seriously want one (maybe two) of everything in that cute little store. Look how beautiful this watermelon looks with the West Elm Decor. Thank you to Erin from Pretty Polished Perfect for slicing that up for us.
Megan mixed up a delicious drink for us to sip on. You can check out the whole recipe on how to make the citrus wine spritze on her blog, Chasing Davies.
When it came to food, Shanley from Eat It Kansas City made yummy summer harvest salad for us to enjoy. You can check out her blog for the full recipe.
I had so much fun catching up with these lovely bloggers. I highly suggest you take the time to plan out a dinner party and have some fun with it.
Photo credit to the amazing and talented, Sarah Sweeney.