Tips For Quick Hair Growth + Neutrogena Triple Repair & A 60’s Bouffant Ponytail Tutorial
So I am kind of a shampoo and conditioner snob. I’ll be the first to admit it. I like quality when it comes to my hair care. If you have ever met me or you may have seen in my pictures, I have a lot of hair. It’s long. It’s thick. And I completely love it. Therefore, I am always looking for products that my hair can benefit from. I was recently sent the Neutrogena Triple Repair hair care line and I am excited to tell you it is fabulous. The Triple Repair system contains nutrient rich conditioners that target damage and penetrate deep to rebuild hair, leaving hair more resilient to the effects of heat, color, and styling.
A lot of people ask me how they can get long hair or if I have any secrets. Well, this new line from Neutrogena is one of the best kept secrets. Your hair is 3x stronger after just 1 use — with use of shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in treatment — for healthy and beautiful hair at any length. Combined usage of the Triple Repair Shampoo, Conditioner, and Leave-In Treatment in this breakthrough hair care system has been clinically proven to instantly repair the three leading signs of hair damage: Mends split ends, strengthens brittle hair, and protects from breakage. Your hair is protected against heat styling over 400 F so you can get the style you want without the damage.
A girl’s best accessory is her hair. This means you must treat it with special care, especially if you are trying to grow it out. If you desire long and healthy hair, neglecting to cut it over the next year is not the answer. In addition to using the Neutrogena Triple Repair here are some tips for long, lovely locks.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. Eating fruits and vegetables, drinking plenty of water and exercising regularly is essential for your health and your hair. Vitamin deficiencies and unhealthy diets can cause dry, brittle hair. If you treat your body well, your hair will benefit, too.
- Trim your hair regularly. Split ends don’t stop at the tips of your hair. They split upward, causing your hair to break closer to the root. When split ends are cut, you stop the damage in its tracks and allow your hair to regrow faster and healthier. Try not to go longer than 8 weeks without getting a trim!
- Skip the shampoo. Washing your hair too often rids your hair of natural oils essential for growth. Try washing your hair every other day, but condition daily. If your hair is oily, use a dry shampoo on your skip days.
- Use a deep conditioning treatment. Deep conditioners help restore damaged hair by adding moisture and protein. Look for treatments with keratin- this helps strengthen hair, and oils like coconut or Moroccan oil- they are great conditioners. Using a deep conditioner once or twice a week will replenish your dry and damaged hair.
- Avoid the heat. Styling hair without hairdryers, curling irons or straighteners can be challenging, but avoiding the heat will do your hair wonders. Try to cut back your usage, and always protect your locks with a heat-protectant spray when you use one of these styling tools.
- Massage your scalp. A good massage helps increase blood circulation and stimulates hair growth. Remember this when you shampoo your hair as well! Use the Triple Repair Fortifying Shampoo and Conditioner and you’ll mend 97% of split ends with just 1 use. Plus, the Triple Repair Fortifying Leave-In Treatment reduces breakage by 80%, so hair is left stronger, smoother, and more nourished.
- Use a wide toothed comb instead of a brush when your hair is wet. A wide toothed comb is gentle on your locks and detangles hair quickly. Wet hair is more prone to breakage so using a brush will cause more damage. In general, try not to brush your hair too often- it will only cause more damage to your hair.
If you treat your hair with proper care you will have long flowing locks in no time!
Now that your hair is strong and healthy from using Neutrogena Triple Repair, you can try this 60’s Bouffant Ponytail Tutorial.
The 60’s are coming back in style with bright mini skirts and cat eye makeup. The latest blast from the past trend to hit the scene is the bouffant ponytail. Sported by many celebrities recently, the poofy low ponytail is perfect for any occasion from going to class to a hot weekend date. Here’s some quick and easy steps to recreate the style for yourself!
1. Separate a section of hair along the crown line (towards the back of your head) and pull other hair out of the way.
2. Backcomb the selected section. It’s all about teasing! Use a continuous spray hairspray to seal the volume in place.
3. Smooth teased hair back gently to keep the volume.
4. Gather all hair into a low ponytail and continue to poof while you secure it with a hair band. I would also recommend wrapping your hair around the ponytail and clipping with bobby pins. I left the pink pony to make it easier to see the poof in the picture.
5. Use a little more spray if necessary and feel free to accessorize with a cute headband or scarf! You can also pull a couple pieces down on the front for a messy look, as I did.
You can also choose to part the hair and only poof in the back, pictured below.
Hope you enjoyed this easy and fun hair tutorial. Now, go out a rock your new, healthy, strong and volumized pony.
To learn more about Neutrogena’s new line head over and check them out on Facebook.
“Sponsored by Single Edition Media on behalf of Neutrogena.”