Tips for Traveling Abroad
With the approach of spring, and summer as well. Many are taking vacations. As a teenager myself, I am aware of my surroundings as any one should be while traveling anywhere. As I begin to prepare for my first trip abroad this summer, I have begun researching safety abroad. Here are a few tips I have found that can be helpful to all.
- Find out where the nearest police station is to your hotel.
- Have the police phone number in your international cell phone.
- Try to carry a small bag to avoid pickpocketing. Look for people jostling you, large groups of children, or
- Avoid walking down dark, narrow streets.
- Even if you don’t know what you’re doing, act like you do. Pickpocketers and others with wrong intentions will avoid those who carry themselves well.
- Try to learn important phrases in the foreign language. ie Where’s the bathroom, Goodbye, Good morning, and asking for directions.
- Keep your hotel room locked at all times.
For more tips for traveling abroad visit Travel.State.Gov
Any additional tips- leave them in the comments!