Everyone is constantly looking for new methods for loosing weight whether it’s a diet plan, diet supplements or eating organic foods. However, sometimes the best method is the old fashion way: boosting your metabolism. According to an article from USA Today, metabolism is the amount of energy our body needs daily. Basically the amount of calories consumed to keep our bodies functioning from day to day. For better nutrition and ways to increase your metabolism, it all goes back to that saying, “what you put into your body is what you get out.” Here are a few tips on increasing metabolism that can easily be acclimated into everyone’s everyday lives.
- Exercise more often– Many people don’t realize that as they get older their metabolism slows down. Exercising 4-5 times a week and doing weight lifting routines are a good way to stay in shape. Upholding a regular exercise regiment helps maintain your metabolism.
- Don’t skip meals– Skipping meals or leaving too much time in between meals stalls your metabolism and leaves it craving for more. Especially if you wait too long on between meals, your body goes into starvation mode. That’s why they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day…it jump starts your metabolism.
- Go to bed earlier- Lack of sleep causes stress on the body and a person is more likely to overeat. Try to get about six to eight hours of sleep a night for quality rest on your body.
- Move throughout the day– Sitting too much throughout the day slows down your metabolism. Ways to fix that is to get up and walk around your office and house or do stretches for the body.
- Schedule a nightly workout session- Doing a 20-30 min cardio routine keeps your metabolism active throughout the night while your sleeping. Simple tasks like walking the dog, a bike ride, or even playing the Wii can increase your metabolism for the night.
To learn of other ways to boost your metabolism, visit: http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/weightloss/2010-07-27-fitness-metabolism_N.htm
Source: USA TODAY