Kansas City is a fun and vibrant place to visit–or even live. There’s always somewhere exciting to explore and KC is full of delicious destinations for you to eat at. Weather you’re visiting or a local looking for something to do, this guide will provide you with a fun-filled weekend. This kid friendly guide will keep you busy on days end.
What to Do
- Who doesn’t love a little bit of ice skating? Crown Center offers ice skating with a beautiful view of the downtown. After skating up a storm, be sure to check out some of the delicious places to have lunch, or grab a creamy gelato at Paciugo’s.
- Legoland Discovery Center is the perfect place to take your little ones. This fun-filled museum will make any Lego fan smile. Legoland features 12 different attractions for all ages including a train station adventure, a cinema area, Merlin’s Apprentice ride, and many more attractions you and your kids will enjoy.
- Right next to Legoland is SeaLife. This aquarium is perfect for all ages and filled with all sorts of interesting creatures. You’ll even be able to walk through a 180-degree ocean tunnel. There’s even an interactive rock pool where you can touch underwater creatures such as stingrays. You and your children will learn about sea creatures while having fun.
- FUNVILLE, located in Crown Center, is a blast for young children. This fun-filled area will encourage children about what they want to be in the future. These are grown-up occupations in a child-friendly setting. Your child will learn while having the time of their lives.
Where to Eat
- We all know that Kansas City is known for its delicious and smoky bbq joints and there are several options in the surrounding area. Q39 Is one of my favorite places to dine at. Their food is to die for and the atmosphere is kid-friendly. Get the burnt end sandwich along with spiced onion straws, you wont be disappointed.
- Another yummy bbq joint is Joe’s Kansas City . Joe’s has three locations: Leawood, Olathe, and Kansas City, Kansas. If you’re looking for the most authentic and quirky bbq in town, head to the original location in Kansas City which is located inside of a gas station. I promise you, the food is the best you’ll ever have. The Z man is one of the perfect sandwiches topped with onion rings. Are you ready to give it a try?
- Fritz’s Railroad Restaurant is fun for the whole family. There are three locations: Shawnee, Kansas City, and Crown Center. Your kids will feel like a conductor of a train when they dine in this railroad-themed restaurant. You’ll even see a train on a train track if you look up. It’ll keep the kids distracted while they wait on their food.
Where to Stay
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center is conveniently located in the a great area where you’ll be close to downtown and other fun locations, including Sea Life and Legoland. This hotel is family-friendly and even offers a shuttle to Power and Light and the Freight District.
- Ameristar Casino and Restort in Kansas City has a kid-friendly environment where they have a “kids quest” which includes karaoke, a video game area, and even a playground. Ameristar even includes a huge foodcourt for the pickiest of kids. It’s the best of both worlds for you and your kids.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to head to Kansas City for a fun-filled weekend with you and your kids! You’ll be raving about Kansas City and all it has to offer for years to come.