This Weight Watchers Cabbage Soup is super easy and quick to make and goes great as an appetizer before any meal. With all the right seasonings added, this soup sure brings a lot of flavor to your taste buds!
This Cabbage Soup is a perfect appetizer before any meal. It makes four 1-cup servings. The flavors of the spices and vegetables make this soup super tasty. Any vegetable will go great with this recipe. This soup is also good served with biscuits. Made this soup for my family along with some drop biscuits.
If you are looking for a weight watcher friendly soup, you can add this to your list. Whether it is winter, spring, fall, or summer, this recipe is suitable for any season. Feeling under the weather and wanting something to soothe your throat, you should try out this soup. I can promise you won’t be disappointed.
Cabbage Soup Ingredients:
- Carrots: I used 2/3 cup of baby carrots and cut them up into small bits. You can also use whole carrots and slice them up too.
- Green Beans: 1/2 cup green beans, and I used green giant steam whole green beans. You can also use fresh garden green beans.
- Tomato Paste: 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste is how much I put in, but you can put in as much as you want.
- Onion Powder: 1/4 tsp of Onion Powder to give it more flavor. I wanted to try something different, and this is a good substitute for oregano.
- Seasoning Salt: 1/4 tsp of Seasoning Salt helps give the soup an extra boost of flavor. Feel free to use regular salt as well.
How to Make Cabbage Soup:
- Spray a Large Saucepan with Cooking Spray.
- Cut all your Veggies up.
- Saute or add in some chicken broth enough to cook the carrots over low heat about 5 minutes. If you choose to cook the carrots in the soup, this will take about 20 minutes. I made sure that my carrots were nice and soft and not hard and crunchy.
- Add your broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, and seasoning salt, to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat; simmer and cover for about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Your Soup is Ready to Eat Hot!
Get the Scoop on More Appetizer Recipes:
- Easy Spinach Artichoke Flatbread
- Vegan Cauliflower Wings Recipe
- Fat-Free Greek Yogurt Biscuits
- Dairy Free Pizza Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Gluten & Dairy Free Pizza Bagels Recipe
- 2/3 Cup of Carrots
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or regular minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil
- 1/4 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup of Green Beans
- 3 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups of Green Cabbage
- Spray a large Sauce pan with Cooking Spray
- Get all your veggies cut up and ready to go.
- Saute the carrots or cook the carrots in chicken broth until softened about 5 minutes. However this might take longer if you cook them in broth at least 20 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, green beans, tomato paste, basil, seasoning salt and, onion powder.
- Bring everything to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, and cover for about 15 minutes.
- Finally you are ready to serve hot.