Here’s the deal: all of us have our hidden talents that we know will amaze people when we showcase them but sometimes, we don’t want to go on American Idol or any nationwide singing competition series. Being a singer myself, I’ve done numerous things and have had opportunities to showcase my talent. Here are some ways or tips on how to do just that because so many young women have the talent to sing but don’t know how to. Let your inner rockstar or classical star shine!
1. Seek and grab opportunities to show off the singer in you! (ex: community concerts, talent shows, church, family events, etc.)
2. Don’t be shy! It’s your time to shine. Show people what you got!
3. Never stop practicing. Sing in the shower or release your inner rock star when you’re at home alone.
4. Record a cover of your favorite songs & upload them to YouTube! Justin Bieber got famous by doing that, you can too.
5. Use criticism to improve. Not all criticism from listeners/viewers will be good but listen to their suggestions and make it a mission to improve your singing.
6. Never ever give up! This is your passion. Don’t let harsh criticism bring you down. “Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – A Cinderella Story
7. Sing with your heart! Lyrics and the melody mean nothing without emotion and expression.