Hello, fellow Target lovers! Looking for ways to get more out of your Target shopping experience? Here are some helpful tips that will guarantee savings.
Top 10 tips for smart shopping at Target:
1. Download the Target app. This is probably the most important tip!! On the app, there’s something called Target Circle Offers and those will allow you to scan an item’s barcode and see if it might be on sale. You may have an item in your cart and not even realize it’s on sale! Be sure to scan it with the Target app to unlock the discount.
2. Get a RedCard. RedCard members at Target save 5% on every single purchase! This is a great way to shave a few dollars off a smaller purchase or more on a larger purchase.
3. Utilize the Target app. Put your RedCard information in your Target app! If you’re like me, you can be pretty forgetful at times and forget your wallet! If your RedCard is linked to your Target app, you do not need the physical card to pay for your groceries. You can use the hand-held scanner to scan your phone and pay that way!
4. Target delivers! During this weird time, it’s okay if you feel a little uneasy going to the grocery store, Target will bring the groceries to you! You can place an order in the app, and Target will deliver any dry goods right to your door about a day later.
5. Grocery lists! Make your grocery list in your Target app! I can’t even begin to tell you how many times my mom and I have gone to the grocery store and we realize we have forgotten the list! It has happened more times than I care to admit. One thing you usually don’t forget though is your phone. If you make your list in your Target app, you have it all in one spot and you can even locate your item down to what aisle it’s in.
6. If you don’t like something, return it! Target has a great return policy. They will accept almost anything that you can prove you bought at Target, down to opened and used makeup (within reason).
7. Use Target for your registry. If you’re getting married or having a baby, choose Target for your registry! They offer special celebratory coupons; one for in-store and one for online. Both coupons are 15% off your purchase! This is helpful for you, and also to anyone who will be shopping off of your registry! Target is easily accessible to anyone, and they have really nice items for a good price.
8. Deals, deals, deals! Target constantly has little sales. The deals will pop up on different days. What I mean by that is on Monday electronics could be on sale, on Tuesday it could be women’s clothing and on Wednesday it could be something totally different. Typically, the categories of deals will be on the same day every week.
9. Get your price matched! Target typically price matches any item that is found cheaper elsewhere. If you find your item on Amazon for a few bucks less, show an employee at Target and they should match that price for you!
10. Scour the end caps! Last but CERTAINLY not least, make sure you are checking the end caps of the aisles! Lots of times, they will put what’s on sales at the end caps, so people see it while walking through the main aisle. So, if you’re not walking the main aisle you’ll miss a great deal you could potentially snag. So be sure to check those end caps for deals!
I hope these Target tips were helpful! Now go out there and get yourself a RedCard!